SSD's with Jeep Cherokees

Guesthere
10+ year member

Undeniable Chaos
- I wanna run two 18's but I'm doubting the SSD model even fully loaded. I want big bass, and with that i can run it off one amp. but for two BTL's i would need to double up everything.

SO BLah Blah BlAH

Blah

I ask would two 18 SSD's be more than enough for solid daily bangin. or would i need to grow some nuts(and deep pockets) and spend almost a stack on just subs alone...

Thanks brahs

-Eric

Box. PORTS NOT IN!!! will need double baffle if i choose to run BTL's. but thats chump change. -_-

0306001746.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
2 ssd 18's are gonna make some serious sound, but you sure are not gonna be able to fit them in cargo area if you want to run a proper ported box for them.

I'm doing 146 and change with a single BTL 18" in my jeep off 3KW. Dunno how much smaller a sub you want to try to get if you plan to run 4KW to a pair though?

My only thought is that there isn't really enough room to properly do a pair of 18's in the back of a jeep considering they'll want 5 cube ea + port and other internal displacement. My box is about 4.5 cube net and eats up more than half my cargo area up a bit past the window line. Think about where you'll mount amps and battery(s) and you're lucky to get 10 cube gross plus amps/bats/wood without coming up over the window line

IMO a pair of 15's or a single really bad ass 18 in a proper box would be the way to go.

2 ssd 18's are gonna make some serious sound, but you sure are not gonna be able to fit them in cargo area if you want to run a proper ported box for them.
thats what i thought. I want ******'s to vibrate across town though....

I'm doing 146 and change with a single BTL 18" in my jeep off 3KW. Dunno how much smaller a sub you want to try to get if you plan to run 4KW to a pair though?
My only thought is that there isn't really enough room to properly do a pair of 18's in the back of a jeep considering they'll want 5 cube ea + port and other internal displacement. My box is about 4.5 cube net and eats up more than half my cargo area up a bit past the window line. Think about where you'll mount amps and battery(s) and you're lucky to get 10 cube gross plus amps/bats/wood without coming up over the window line

IMO a pair of 15's or a single really bad ass 18 in a proper box would be the way to go.

box is already made, haha i got anxious. just needa throw in the ports. ~15 cubes after sub displacement. about 13 after port so that gives each 6...

Amp can be run on the back of my seat and will be folded down. Who needs to keep it below window line? I should have worded it better, this is my DD. but only a weekend thing where I'm gonna run the subs...

Box pics coming

Fi SSD's are no joke...they hold their own and sound great.

Thanks, may order one of them tonight to get things rolling

Does any hardware store sell key screws? need quite a bit.

go for it dude....you're gonna have a lot of cone area, to make up for power....do sub up port back btw...i would say that you'll easily be in the mid 140's, with that setup in a nice installation...

i would get them, i was goin to run ssd's and ended up with the bl 18s. Happy with them but would love to change to 4 ssd 18s. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.