ssd 12 enclosure help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

caraudio93
10+ year member

Maine
Okay, so I was thinking about enclosures the sub, its a fully loaded ssd 12", 2011 model. Going to be running it off a soundstream rub1.1600. I do have the capability to build a box, but honestly i would rather not bother, I'm very busy with school and work, and I really have no time to sit down and build one... that being said, i have been looking at these pre-fab boxes, which actually seem pretty good to me for being prefabs. What do you guys think....is 3 cubes too much for the ssd12? Fi recommends 1.8-2.5, but 3.0 is less than 30% over the recommended...If these boxes are truly awful, which I honestly don't think they are, let me know and suggest something else to build? Also, I can't afford to spend more than 150$ on a box, so that pretty much means no custom built boxes. Thanks

CUSTOM SLOT-PORTED BOX for 12" SUB WOOFER 3.0 ft^3@35Hz | eBay

12" CUSTOM-VENTED CAR SUB BOX ENCLOSURE 2.0 ft^3 @ 32Hz | eBay

understandable, so from looking at the bassheads website it appears as if 2 cubes is better than 3 for a 12, generally speaking? Also, although it Does seem as if the bass head boxes are of great quality, it's nearly identical to the one on ebay, except im paying an extra 120$ for a kerfed port? Nothing against it or anything, I just don't have that kind of money...

Arno if you wanna work out something locally I can get you a box and we can meet up half way (~hour 45 for each of us) or I can ship you it...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.