ssa xcon 15'' or treo csx 18''

im 17.... and have parental on my bankaccount

ill try i got my bank account. would i pay first or after i get the dimensions? never bought anything online....

also if i were selling stuff on here. which i would like to. would i send out first or wait for money?

xcon 15 fo sure. That beast will knock yo socks off.
alright so i got a 1501d mtx thunder amp and its non bridgable.

idk if u need that info but the amp is NOT 1 ohm stable. so 2 ohm is the lowest it can do.

the xcon is dual 2ohm. which wired up would be minimum 4ohm right?

should i still do it? the treo 18 is dual 4ohm which could be wired down to 2 ohm. would this change anybodys opinions?

A D2 sub can only wire to either 4ohms or 1ohm. 4ohms and you're short on power with your amp, and running it at 1ohm will be somewhat risky for your amp over an extended period of time. I'd suggest keeping your CSX18, it's a beast, and maybe build a new box if you're not completely happy with how it's performing.

What are the current box specs as far as size and tuning go? What vehicle is it in, and what direction is the sub/port aiming?

the demensions are 22H 38W 26D and the port is 4 in wide.

if that helps. if i thickened up the mdf board would it help? its 3/4 right now?

and its sub up and port up its supposed to be 32hrt and L shapped

and i got a grand marquis 97. so i got a huge trunk

and so you wouldnt suggest getting the xcon sub? it wont do good at 4ohms?

the demensions are 22H 38W 26D and the port is 4 in wide.if that helps. if i thickened up the mdf board would it help? its 3/4 right now?

and its sub up and port up its supposed to be 32hrt and L shapped

and i got a grand marquis 97. so i got a huge trunk
There's your problem right there. Do sub and port back. The box needs to be well braced for a setup like that, but I honestly think you're losing output by having the sub and port firing at your trunk lid like that.

and so you wouldnt suggest getting the xcon sub? it wont do good at 4ohms?
Your amp just isn't going to give you the kind of power that you need at 4ohms. I think you'll be disappointed in the output going from an 18 with 1.5kw to a 15 with 750 watts.

There's your problem right there. Do sub and port back. The box needs to be well braced for a setup like that, but I honestly think you're losing output by having the sub and port firing at your trunk lid like that.

Your amp just isn't going to give you the kind of power that you need at 4ohms. I think you'll be disappointed in the output going from an 18 with 1.5kw to a 15 with 750 watts.

This guy does speak the truth here. If you get the xcon, your gonna want to power that beast at full.

your right haha didnt think about the math like that. what if i put the sub sideways with the port goin the same way?

as in lay it down on its side?

or is the answer just to redo the box? i can use the box just make the port go a diff way? as in adjacent the sub? and away from cab?

If you can build your own box, then I'd go for building a new one. You can try the whole box on it's side thing, see how you like it. But most of the time, sub and port firing back is the way to go with a trunk car, provided you have room around the box for the bass to make it's way into the cabin.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

1-12-t1

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
1-12-t1
Mesa, Arizona
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date