SSA Icon or Sundown SA-12?

If I got the Icons I would probably run a 3,000 watt amp to them @ 1 ohms. I will need to do the big 3 though. Actually not quite sure if I will need an extra battery, haven't dealt with more than 2,000 RMS.
If Sundowns then I would have them on the same amp, 2 ohm load though (1500RMS).
Both should get down pretty good I would invest in a HO alt. tho

If I got the Icons I would probably run a 3,000 watt amp to them @ 1 ohms. I will need to do the big 3 though. Actually not quite sure if I will need an extra battery, haven't dealt with more than 2,000 RMS.
If Sundowns then I would have them on the same amp, 2 ohm load though (1500RMS).
Well then definitely go with the Icons if you wanna run that much power.

You're gonna need more than a Big 3 and an extra battery though. And you should already have that done if you've done 2k before. At 3k I'd be looking into an HO alt, or turning your gain down a lot.

Well then definitely go with the Icons if you wanna run that much power.You're gonna need more than a Big 3 and an extra battery though. And you should already have that done if you've done 2k before. At 3k I'd be looking into an HO alt, or turning your gain down a lot.
I should probably figure out how many batteries I would need for 3k, any ideas?

Icon FTW. I had both and would pick the Icon. The only way I would ever recommend the SA over the Icon is if your space was extremely tight. From my experience the Icons like bigger ported boxes to really work well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.