SSA Gcon arrived! PICS!

Villainstone
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok so after a long wait my SSA Gcon arrived in the mail and of course I wasted no time taking pics and installing it. When I first opened the box I was surprised on how big the foam rubber (or whatever) surround was. I mean its thick as hell! Once it was out of the box I have to say I thought it would be heavier. None the less it felt incredibly rigid, and screams quality. Its easy to tell just by handling it that it by no means a cheapy sub. Trust me I have had a handful of poor, cheap, crappy subs. From Sony Xplods, to Pyle, Pioneer, and Boss, even nasty no name Walmart stuff. These subs are on a completely different level in every way. Anyway after taking pics I was of course in a hurry to install it in the enclosure I just finished building a couple weeks ago. So with that said here are some pics of the sub in and out of the box.

Unfortunately I am waiting on my amp. Ill chime back in after I have it and it arrives

Thanks for picking the SSA Gcon. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Interesting dual port enclosure. After it breaks in, tell us how you like it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Its not the first box I've built and of course not the last. But it is my first time with carpet and spray adhesive. I suppose I could have done better for my first time IDK. Im happy with it either way, It top, bottom, front, and rear of the box are double thick. I doubled them because I have enough wood left over and figured why not.

Thanks for picking the SSA Gcon. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Interesting dual port enclosure. After it breaks in, tell us how you like it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yeah I originally had a single port, but I really wanted it to look symmetrical. I honestly didn't know what the hell I was doing but after reading a little bit and looking at other designs on the net I decided to just wing it lol. I mean the numbers are all good. I used pencil and paper for the math and also winISD for the design, obviously Sketch up for the render. Oh and thank you too.

Ok so after a long wait my SSA Gcon arrived in the mail and of course I wasted no time taking pics and installing it. When I first opened the box I was surprised on how big the foam rubber (or whatever) surround was. I mean its thick as hell! Once it was out of the box I have to say I thought it would be heavier. None the less it felt incredibly rigid, and screams quality. Its easy to tell just by handling it that it by no means a cheapy sub. Trust me I have had a handful of poor, cheap, crappy subs. From Sony Xplods, to Pyle, Pioneer, and Boss, even nasty no name Walmart stuff. These subs are on a completely different level in every way. Anyway after taking pics I was of course in a hurry to install it in the enclosure I just finished building a couple weeks ago. So with that said here are some pics of the sub in and out of the box.
Unfortunately I am waiting on my amp. Ill chime back in after I have it and it arrives
What amp did you get for it?

Nice looking sub, now put it in a good enclosure. Sorry but that port set up is a fail. I'd expect reduced output and port noise if you throw some decent power at the sub...

Congrats. SSA makes great product, but the wait time is terrible. I do like the experiences I had with the Zcon and Xcon subs when they were in my vehicle. Excellent sql drivers.

What is wrong wit the dual port design? according to WinISD port velosity was below 70 around low 60's. Im not saying im right but the math worked out fine each time I redid it. Literally I went back to pencil and paper about 5 different times. I hope my design isnt gonna hurt the performance of the sub system. Can someone please explain the negative aspects of the dual slot port design? Now Im really nervous....

Ok so I have been reading and researching around the net and from what I gather as long as your port dimensions are accurate, ports are on the same plane with the sub. Given that I am only using one chanber and one sub there shouldnt be ny issues. Now I am pretty confident in my math as I went through it so many times lol. Either way boy you got me nervous right now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.