SSA Dcon's are back in production.

Participant count
  • Participant list

denim
5,000+ posts

SSAudio.com
SSA HQ East
After a little wait on parts, the SSA Dcon's are ready to go again. Check them out here: >>> DCON Series Sub Woofer

DCON-10_02.jpg

Man why did these have to come back into stock when I have no money. Been eyeing these for a while but they were never available but now that I'm broke here they are. These would be perfect for the trio of sealed subs I want to run.

They will be around, no rush. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Hey, I have a question. Right now I have a Fosgate P2 12 sealed on 500 watts. (Fosgate Prime 500.1) I kinda like this setup, but not enough to keep it. I have been eyeing the DCON for a long long time now, and was hoping I could get an opinion. I want to get one of these (12"), put it in a 2.5 cube box tuned to about 30hz, and run it single 4 ohm so it would get 320w. It will be in a 2000 civic sedan trunk. My listen preferences are mainly dubstep and rock, with some rap thrown in there. I was wondering if you think the DCON would kinda break even in loudness, or if it will outperform my current system. If I haven't given enough detail, or this is a question that cant be answered, i apologize, lol. Thats fine, i just wondered if you might have an idea. thanks for your time.

Hey, I have a question. Right now I have a Fosgate P2 12 sealed on 500 watts. (Fosgate Prime 500.1) I kinda like this setup, but not enough to keep it. I have been eyeing the DCON for a long long time now, and was hoping I could get an opinion. I want to get one of these (12"), put it in a 2.5 cube box tuned to about 30hz, and run it single 4 ohm so it would get 320w. It will be in a 2000 civic sedan trunk. My listen preferences are mainly dubstep and rock, with some rap thrown in there. I was wondering if you think the DCON would kinda break even in loudness, or if it will outperform my current system. If I haven't given enough detail, or this is a question that cant be answered, i apologize, lol. Thats fine, i just wondered if you might have an idea. thanks for your time.
It is difficult to tell with out testing for certain (as I have not played with the new P2's), BUT, you would be going from a sealed enclosure to a ported enclosure. So you would be gaining efficiency. You would be keeping the same cone size, but I believe gaining a little in Xmax (IIRC). The difference between 320 and 500 in the same set up will be minimal and probably not heard by the ear, but in your case you are gaining efficiency and xmax. So yes, I'm biased, but I think it would be a nice improvement. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

denim

5,000+ posts
SSAudio.com
denim
SSA HQ East
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date