SQ System Help

GiOdi
10+ year member

I need to put a SQ system in my '01 QX4. I was planning on spending between $2000-2500. What I need is a set of 6.5 componets for the fronts, 6.5 Coax. in the back (Optional), and 2 (small sealed enclosure) 10" subs for the trunk. I will also need 2 amps. I want nice clear highs w/o my ears bleeding or some one shhh-ing me. I was think of Boston Pros, Diamond Audio Hex Series, MB Quart Q Series or maybe even some Focal Utopia's (~$500 on ebay). Any opinions? Also is eBay a good idea?

Based on what you listed, I would choose either the Boston's or Focal's, you will be very very happy with either brand. The Focals can get on the really expensive side, but with your budget it shouldnt be much of a problem if your buying off ebay.

judging by what you described go with anthing but teh Quarts, lol.

you will love the Focals, and be impressed by yhte Pros....

listen to as much as you can... its all your subejective preferences anyways....

ditch the dual 10's, go with a single 12 or 15" Adire Auidio Brahma.... amps, there are tons to choose from... just paly with however much you ahve left to spend...

Originally posted by Wonderbread judging by what you described go with anthing but teh Quarts, lol.

you will love the Focals, and be impressed by yhte Pros....

listen to as much as you can... its all your subejective preferences anyways....

ditch the dual 10's, go with a single 12 or 15" Adire Auidio Brahma.... amps, there are tons to choose from... just paly with however much you ahve left to spend...
Why do you suggest ditching the dual 10's? The only reason I can think of is price.

The reason for the dual 10"s is that I want to have them built into the sides of my trunk, as apposed to having a box. THe reason being is I need/like my trunk space, and I like it to look like nothings there...I'm a simple guy in a way. Also I was planning on using the stock H/U. I like the fact that it's 6-disc in dash, the steering wheel controls and it matches the rest of the interior controls. I think i've decided on going with the Boston Pros all around, including subs and the RM6's for the back doors. Now I need some amps....any suggestions?

Originally posted by GiOdi I need to put a SQ system in my '01 QX4. I was planning on spending between $2000-2500. What I need is a set of 6.5 componets for the fronts, 6.5 Coax. in the back (Optional), and 2 (small sealed enclosure) 10" subs for the trunk. I will also need 2 amps. I want nice clear highs w/o my ears bleeding or some one shhh-ing me. I was think of Boston Pros, Diamond Audio Hex Series, MB Quart Q Series or maybe even some Focal Utopia's (~$500 on ebay). Any opinions? Also is eBay a good idea?
Ditch the rear fill, it's a cripple, not a help.

Focus those funds up front.

You'll have to audition some components to get a good feel for what is out there that fits your listening tastes.

Focus the very LEAST of your attention on amplifiers - the major points should be installation and driver choice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.