SQ subs on a budget

Audioholic my only personal experience was when i had a buddy who had six 10"IDQ about 2 years ago and they really did not hit for six 10s it might of been the way he had it set up but i was not impressed with his spl especially with six 10" subs

Well, since you're looking for a "SQ sub on a budget," why are you recalling an SPL setup that year heard 2 years ago?

Never heard an IDQ personally, but they do seem to always get great reviews.

Have you considered the Stereo Integrity Mag v4?

Well i would rather give up a little SQ to gain some spl. Rather than give up spl to gain a little sq that i prob could not tell the difference in to begin with. I just want something that sounds good and you can also feel it in your chest.please tell me if my thoughts below are correct

RE SE 10" more spl than IDQ 10" ?

IDQ 10" better sq than RE SE 10" ?

Another question is wont the RE Se have more SQ than most 10" on the market and still have a very good SPL? Im asking here so please dont take it the wrong way all i know if what i have read on net which is scary LOL

Well i would rather give up a little SQ to gain some spl. Rather than give up spl to gain a little sq that i prob could not tell the difference in to begin with. I just want something that sounds good and you can also feel it in your chest.please tell me if my thoughts below are correct
RE SE 10" more spl than IDQ 10" ?

IDQ 10" better sq than RE SE 10" ?

Another question is wont the RE Se have more SQ than most 10" on the market and still have a very good SPL? Im asking here so please dont take it the wrong way all i know if what i have read on net which is scary LOL
Well then, you aren't looking for a sound quality driver. You want something just like everyone else on this forum. To you, sound quality is cranking the volume all the way up to the point where all of your mirrors are useless you feel something tickle the back of your neck, and you don't want to hear distortion.

That's not sound quality, that's 99% of the people on this forum. Go with what fits your budget and space requirements, simple as that.

If you want a true "SQ" sub, get a DIYMA R12 or a Mag v4, my guess is you wont like either. You don't really "hear" them, it just sounds like your midbass got a shitton louder and you can't figure out why. It's not until you turn the sub off that you realize there's actually a sub there in the first place.

Audioholic my only personal experience was when i had a buddy who had six 10"IDQ about 2 years ago and they really did not hit for six 10s it might of been the way he had it set up but i was not impressed with his spl especially with six 10" subs
Your buddy's setup is certainly no measuring stick for the performance of the IDQ. Especially considering that your friend was clearly using the older model IDQ since it was 2 years ago.
I was not questioning the output aspect of your comment, but more the notion that you feel an SE would sound similar to an IDQ. Not in my experience. Like someone above said, SE's are good SQ subs, but IDQ's are great SQ subs. All imo of course.

Thanks for posting your reasoning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.