SQ subs on a budget

killintime
10+ year member

houston
So im going to put a system in my 2006 crew cab gmc 2500. I am planning on moving the rear seat foward about 2.5 inches and i should be able to build a box big enough to mount a 7" depth or so subwoofer sealed. Im thinking about 3 RE SE 10" subs off of a HIFONIXS BXI 2608D. Is there a better option out there for me for the same price roughly with better SQ and still get loud at the same time? Im also open to even 8" subs but not sure if four 8" could get as loud as 3 10" subs?

i'd second the IDQ if you can afford it, RE is also a good choice, I like bostons blend of SQ and SPL also but i doubt even three drivers would take 2000 watts daily unless you got like g5's..

I really want to stick with 10" size and i want sq but also spl wont 3 re se 10" walk all over 3 10" idq and have almost the same sq? the bostons also look like a option are they better than re se as far as spl and sq? Oh ya i want to try to pay less than $175 per 10" woofer

SE's will NOT have the same response of IDQ's.

No way.

IDQ>SE for flat response, assuming in the proper enclosure.

Look for some IDQv2's for budget or some IDv3's

Sundown Audio SD1v2's, dicontinued but I happen to know where there are three //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

another really good option is the Image Dynamics IDQv2, since the release of the v3 the v2's can be had for cheap.

ID series can still sound great. Teal stamped basket IDQ's might not get as loud as ID's or SE's but they sound utterly amazing when done right. You can find BNIB on ebay for 149 each. SE's can sound good too but I have yet hear a set up using them that could match the detail of the old IDQ. You wouldn't need that big of an amp either.

What brought you to this conclusion?
Audioholic my only personal experience was when i had a buddy who had six 10"IDQ about 2 years ago and they really did not hit for six 10s it might of been the way he had it set up but i was not impressed with his spl especially with six 10" subs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.