SQ Subs - Adding some quality bass

c2bcool

I am looking to upgrade my audio. I am definitely looking for SQ and do not want trunk rattling bass, rather a full range of high quality sound with a bit more bass. So am looking for a SQ sub. Also, want a save as much trunk space as possible...so was looking at various boxes.

Car: 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX

Music: Reggae/Dancehall/Soca, Jazz, Hip Hop/Rap, Techo

Subs:

Morel Primo 104

Image Dynamics IDQ10 V.3 D2

Image Dynamics ID10 D4 V.3

Focal Performance Sub P 25 DB

HELIX Precision P10W

Amp: Kenwood KAC-7005PS

Current Setup:

Kenwood DPX500BT

Infinity Kappa 60.9CS 6.5" Components

Infinity Reference 4022i 4" 2-ways

Kenwood KAC-8403 4-Channel Amp

I was planning on selling the current 4 channel amp and going with the 5 channel one above for ease of install and only needing to add another set of RCAs and reuse the current 4guage wiring. I want to stay around $250 or less for the sub.

Any suggestions? or other recommendations? What about the amp (definitely not set on this one)?

Thanks.

IDQ10v3 is what I have and love it. Also ran Boston G3 (10 and 12) and they are great subs as well. If remembering correctly the Bostons require a little more mounting depth (around 1" to 1.5") but they both require minimal air space which is nice when trying to save room in the trunk!

The most award winning SQ sub JL W6v2 and since the v3 is out the v2s will be going cheap. And if you dont want trunk rattle you need to treat it. Pretty much any decent sub will cause vibrations

The most award winning SQ sub JL W6v2 and since the v3 is out the v2s will be going cheap. And if you dont want trunk rattle you need to treat it. Pretty much any decent sub will cause vibrations
Yes, I will definitely be giving the trunk a good bit of dynomat.

I just want a sub that sounds really good at reasonable volume levels and hits as much of entire low to high range as possible. I don't need to impress anyone, just want to improve my music listening experince.

Thanks for the input guys..keep it comming.

A concern I have is the amp. I would really prefer a 5-channel so I can power all of my speakers with one amp. The Kenwood 4-Channel I have has been great and I have been running it for 5-6 years w/o a single issue, but that was just for mids and highs. I was thinking to go with that Kenwood 5-Channel because its $200, my past good experince, its fairly small for a 5-channel, and depending on the sub I choose I can run it either 4ohm for 300watts RMS or 2ohm for 500watts RMS.

Do you guys have any other amp recommendations that fits what I am doing and won't break the bank?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.