SQ Sub Instead of Spare Tire

azngotskills
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Dallas, TX
I was wondering if you guys could help me...I used to have two 12 in a box in my 2000 celica which was too loud and took up too much space. I want to remove my spare tire and put a 10 or 12 in there instead.

I wanted see if you guys could give some suggestions for a 10 or 12 SQ sub that will work in the spare tire well??? Looking to spend around $100-200 and i will buy a new amp soon.

Thanks in advance

i hear image dynamics makes some nice sq subs. also Resonant engineering SE sub is a good choice. my girlfirend has a sound splinter RLP its more of a sql sub but im impressed by it if its to loud for you just turn down the bass on your ex

A spare tire can be an important thing. If you can get away with keeping it, I recommend you do so.

EDIT: I guess blowing a tire in Texas in February is a little different from blowing a tire in Michigan in February.

I recommend an Adire Shiva MK5 if you want a 12, or a Decware DHM108B for a 10. The other $100 goes for the amp. Just fair warning the Decware is 8 ohm.

when i first saw the thread i thought to myself that you wanted to put a speaker in place of a rim on a spare tire..the ones that hang from the back of your car.

you could do a spare tire enclosure and keep the spare tire. i am eventually gogin to do one in my gfs car but ony use 1/2 to 3/4 of the spare tire well for the sub (thats all the space ill need) and the rest of the space ill stand the spare tire up and re mold the entier back of the car so its not noticeable and looks just like any other part of the car

Well i wanted to keep my spare tire but its ok i have AAA //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif j/k. My spare tire well is a circular so you really cant go around it, just take it out and I wanted to keep my trunk free for cargo. I was thinking may be IDQ or an ARC but seeing if there were other options for a sub that will fit and have great sound.

I want to mount it in the tire well and cover it with carpeted MDF with some sort of cutout for the sub

cant go wrong with IDQ's if you want SQ..

Iv had a few..

Now im trying the ID10's out.. my ported box is almost finished just need a nice day to finish the fiberglass..

Keep us posted..

peace T_A

I kinda wanted to stay away from JL because i feel that they are overpriced and I wanted to be a little different than the majority of the people out there. I am really considering the IDQ because that seems to be the most recommeded for small enclosures with great SQ. Any other suggestions???

Sould I get a 10 or 12 for a 2000 celica?

idq

soundstream exact

oz matrix elite

adire koda

hsu research

......if you can fit a 12" then do it...better low end response and will usually get louder than a 10"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.