SQ Question... IPod vs. CD

hairbandlover
10+ year member

AC/DC RULES
Ok I have been wanting to ask this question for awhile. I know there is a big difference in SQ between a store bought CD and a dubbed CD. I want to know if the SQ of an IPod is better or worse than origianl CD's. Now if an IPod gets loaded off of CD's that are on a PC library isnt the dubbing quality the same as dubbing a cd?? Therefore the SQ wouldnt be as good as an original cd?? Also if a person is fiel sharing or getting there IPod music off say Itunes or where ever is that SQ worse or berter than an original CD? My buddy has a really nice IPod that plugs right into his deck and he loves it except for the fact that with each song the volume levels are different along with SQ, he spends alot of time dicking around with his EQ when listening to the Ipod. I have been considering putting my 300 cd's on an Ipod but I dont want to loose any SQ. Any knowledge in this area would be awesome. Thanlks in advance!

HU- Alpine CDA-9831

Sub-RE Audio-SR12”

Amps- Alpine MRV-F450 & MRD-M301

Speakers- CDT CL-62, 2 way comp. & CL-6 Midrange

Vehicle- 2004 Toyota Rav 4

I have an auxiliary input for my ipod and it *****. the signal is really distorted sometimes. If you go with an ipod, I would get an adapter where you can control it with your radio

Try putting a cd on the ipod and test them back and forth. Can you tell a significant enough difference to make it not worth having them all in one easily accessible place?

Also, I'm assuming you have a direct connect for the ipod right?

I have an auxiliary input for my ipod and it *****. the signal is really distorted sometimes. If you go with an ipod, I would get an adapter where you can control it with your radio
x2. I have one with my pioneer and works from the HU

I have a aux. input for my MP3 on my Sony deck and it sounds amazing. Actually more clear and more powerful than the tuner or CD. *shrugs*

CD quality is better, obviously. Unless your ipod is playing wav files, there is some sort of compression involved, unlike on a CD.

You may be able to say you cant hear a difference so its not worth it (common), but you cant say IPOD quality is better than CD, or even as good.

you can get some files that sound as good if not better than cd

the new NIN cd is free and is some kinda format that sounds really good

i think after about 320k most people cant tell a differance

sure if you have an extreme sq set up you might but most of us dont

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.