SQ Fi vs. RE

kylec
10+ year member

Between Fi Audio and RE audio. Which subs can provide solid SQ for a daily driver, at recommended RMS ratings. I know BL's can throw down for daily use, because I have one. I am looking to make my RSX a SQ contender in the near future. Are the XXX's and MX's any good for SQ? We can rule out MT's and BTL's, as those are primarily for SPL purposes.

I haven't seen many review threads on the new RE subs is why I ask.

Kyle

How are the flatlynes, I havent heard much about them at all. I was looking at those/idmax/resx/fi q/IA Death rows

the mags want a sealed box dont they?

any comparisons you can give

I've been suggested max too, I know they are SPL subs but do they have pretty nice Quality as well? Have you heard those in comparison to the ID Q's?

the SXs don't sound bad, but there are much better woofers for the price... for the money i would get a stereointegrity mag v4... http://www.stereointegrity.com or incriminator audio flatlyne woofers http://www.incriminatoraudio.com
I don't really care about price. I am going to be using the car a lot so I want some of the best stuff in there. But that doesn't mean I want to spend a insane amount though...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

propbably the sickest woofer you can get you hands on is the DD 9100 series you won't regert it... they run about 750.. can take 1500 RMS unclipped and its one of the most natural nuteral soudning woofers in the history of woofers... they use one of the strongest cones on the market have a very low disortion motor the best glues throughout and are design to sound as good as possible...

propbably the sickest woofer you can get you hands on is the DD 9100 series you won't regert it... they run about 750.. can take 1500 RMS unclipped and its one of the most natural nuteral soudning woofers in the history of woofers... they use one of the strongest cones on the market have a very low disortion motor the best glues throughout and are design to sound as good as possible...
Tell me then oh wise one.

How many IASCA/USACi/MECA championship cars are running these beloved 9100's? NO woofer is going to sound 'natural' with that amount of power going to it...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

-Sam Jackson.

Between Fi Audio and RE audio. Which subs can provide solid SQ for a daily driver, at recommended RMS ratings. I know BL's can throw down for daily use, because I have one. I am looking to make my RSX a SQ contender in the near future. Are the XXX's and MX's any good for SQ? We can rule out MT's and BTL's, as those are primarily for SPL purposes.
I haven't seen many review threads on the new RE subs is why I ask.

Kyle
The XXX's are amazing SQ drivers, sealed or ported, but they require HUGE boxes to do so. I mean, a lot bigger than the recommended RE enclosures. The MX's I know little about.

What exactly are your goals? Do you want all SQ? Or do you simply want to be loud, and sound good too? Your BL is what most people would define SQL, so I'm assumming you want to sound better than that. What size BL do you have? How much space and power are you working with? It is sad what these forums have come to, as these are all questions that really should be answered first.

the SXs don't sound bad, but there are much better woofers for the price... for the money i would get a stereointegrity mag v4... http://www.stereointegrity.com or incriminator audio flatlyne woofers http://www.incriminatoraudio.com
The SX's are good woofers for what they are made for. They are not made for SQ, they are made with goals similar to the BL, to be loud and sound decent. They are not overpriced either, I don't know why you think so. The mag v4 has much different goals than the SX.

I've been suggested max too, I know they are SPL subs but do they have pretty nice Quality as well? Have you heard those in comparison to the ID Q's?
Are you referring to the idmax? If so, they are not SPL subs by any means and are amazing SQ drivers.

I don't really care about price. I am going to be using the car a lot so I want some of the best stuff in there. But that doesn't mean I want to spend a insane amount though...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Good attitude, although make sure you know exactly what you want and who to listen to. I know it is hard to sift through the forums and pick out what is good and bad, but it is necessary in order to not be disappointed. The forums are going downhill and people need to understand that everything is subjective and not everyone has the same tastes.

I hope your joking.

you recommend DD for SQ competition??
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif:laugh:

Hah, I understand that a lot of people and opinions on here are not very credible. But as far as your questions go. I will be powering the subs with either Memphis or JBL amps, maybe even a Sundown. I will most likely keep things under 2000watts. I would prefer whatever subs I go with me efficient with around 1500watts. I am going for all around SQ. I have been around car audio a long time, and have had everything from type R's to Soundstream XXX's powered by orion 2500d's. I do not want "loud". This car is a daily driver and I will have for a few years, so I want it to sound amazing.

Also, the car will be heavily deadened. I think i fit a 6 cubed box in the hatch with a liiiittle room to spare.

Kyle

Hah, I understand that a lot of people and opinions on here are not very credible. But as far as your questions go. I will be powering the subs with either Memphis or JBL amps, maybe even a Sundown. I will most likely keep things under 2000watts. I would prefer whatever subs I go with me efficient with around 1500watts. I am going for all around SQ. I have been around car audio a long time, and have had everything from type R's to Soundstream XXX's powered by orion 2500d's. I do not want "loud". This car is a daily driver and I will have for a few years, so I want it to sound amazing.
Also, the car will be heavily deadened. I think i fit a 6 cubed box in the hatch with a liiiittle room to spare.

Kyle
If that is the case, I would highly recommend going with a 15 XXX, whatever the year, in a 4-6 cube sealed box with 1500-2000 watts. That is just me though. For that price you could also get 2 Q's ported, or sealed, and many other options. If you want trunk space 2 Mag's will take 1500 watts and 2 cubes and love it, with amazing SQ. Q for good SQ while getting loud, Mag for trunk space and amazing SQ, XXX for amazing SQ all around, but no trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

kylec

10+ year member
kylec
Auburn, AL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from