Sponsorship

Nobody read he is dropping ANOTHER 9 grand into the system.....

You should have a very respectable system for $9k

Top of my head

Taramps 15k $1000

Dual alt setup $1500

Batteries $1500

4 subs to handle power $2000

Box $1000

Mids/ highs $1000

Mids highs amps $1000

Do the work and you could have a high 150's musical monster

I was just thinking, 9000 he will have a pretty nice system, And when I read that breakdown and I was like that’s my set up lol 9000 ? Started adding it up and yup that exactly what I got but only two subs but more in caps and electrical maybe and it probably cost me 20k to get here not doing it all at once!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since i bought almost everything used and on super discount sales, mines totaled up to $6,200 including wood, materials, wiring. battery terminals etc.. The only thing i paid full price was the prv mids, ct2 tweets and 4/0 wire. Even got a discount for wood.

He op waits for used gear, he can do some ridiculous damage with 9k.

Definitely if you shop around you can take a few grand off that

I got a 300a ea alt for $125 off Craigslist for my old truck

The deals are out there just take your time to find them

Also taramps had the hd15k on sale for iirc $750 a while ago

You could do something a little cheaper on the mids and highs and just go with a pair of 6.5 mids and pair of tweets per door with something like a ppi amp and be under $500 for that

I'm looking at:

$103×6 - krome audio 8" loudspeakers

$53×6 - krome audio 50mm super tweeters

$400×2 - sundown audio x10 (totaling 4 subs)

$500x4 - sundown audio sae2000d

$430x2 - sundown audio sax 100.4v2

$1000 - batteries

$450x2 - mechman 270 alt.

$100??? - wood for the box

$??? - paint job

Selling items locally and using that $$ to buy something you want or better. Look for deals rather than paying full price for it. I bought both of my subs for less than 550 bucks. Much cheaper at Sundown yardsale rather than buying new elseware. Nothing wrong with them at all. One of them got refurbished to my liking/needs and the other was yardsale, 210 bucks shipped to my doorstep. All I could find was a lot of excess glue around outer dia of spider. Jacob is very **** retentive when it comes to quality of his products. Passes on the savings to us buyers. Bonus $$ from work/job. Just recently picked up a very rare amp, ED Nine.5 which is going in my s10 next year. Working a lot of overtime at work, and saving a little bit each time until you reach your limit to buy item. Sometimes I buy 1-2 things at a time. Other times I buy 1 thing then have to wait awhile to buy another item. It varies, a lot. I got kids, family, mortgage so it makes it harder to buy things than I did years ago.

GO with different amps

You have $2000 into 8k of power

You can get a used ns-1 for under $1000

Or something like 2 4500's

Or a new taramps 15k for $1000

Or ....... the list goes on for better cheaper options

I'm looking at:

$1000 - batteries

$??? - paint job
poor choice on the amps. Vital power 700.1 will completely sh*t all over those chinese board SAE amps not to mention you run severe risk of phase and gain matching issues with multiple amps. You seriously dont need 6 supertweeters. Just two already will make yours and everyone's ears bleed. For the 4 channel this amp will walk all over those SAXs... you are just overpaying for no reason, those sundowns arent even close to the same league as other amps you can get for the same price bracket

4 channel https://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/crescendo-audio-c20004-4-channel-amplifier

monoblock amp. Even got sundown fanboys converting over to vital power amps. they are just that good right now. http://vitalpowerinc.com/

I'm looking at:

$1000 - batteries

$??? - paint job
Box will cost you closer to 200$ if you need to buy glue, screws, paint/vinyl/carpet. Do you already own a dual alternator bracket or will you need that custom built? Add 400$ for cable and distro blocks.

Might bump your battery budget a bit and get into a 40AH size LiFePo.

I'd also agree that you're over-complicating this with many subs and amps. I'd lean towards 2 higher tier 15s and one large amp unless you have some really compelling reason for 10s.

Box will cost you closer to 200$ if you need to buy glue, screws, paint/vinyl/carpet. Do you already own a dual alternator bracket or will you need that custom built? Add 400$ for cable and distro blocks.
Might bump your battery budget a bit and get into a 40AH size LiFePo.

I'd also agree that you're over-complicating this with many subs and amps. I'd lean towards 2 higher tier 15s and one large amp unless you have some really compelling reason for 10s.
I got 10s because I 2ont be able to fit anything larger in the back of the patriot. I'm trying to keep my back seat still accessible.

That's a good reason to run 10s.
Yeah, someone told me that upgrading the soundstream amp would make a huge difference. That's why I wanted to go with the 2 sundown 2000 amps. 1 per sub. And I wanted to get the 2 sundown 1000 4channel amps for the 6 tweeters and 6 mid drivers. 1 for the left 3 and 1 for the right 3

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sgthendo

sgthendo
forney, tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
tymoto21