spltj = BAD

midwestcustoms3
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i bought an amp from him, it was suppose to be new and when i recieved it i procided to hook it up.the ampshuts off by itself and u have to almost turn the gain all the way up on the amp to get some sound out of it as it would if the gain would sound a 1/4 way up. gave him the benefit of the dought and saved some moeny up and got a new sub a treo ssx 15 thinking maybe something was wrong with my other sub. after hooking the new sub up and it doing the same thing i procided to email him again and tell him about it again and to amke a long story short he is given me the cold shoulder and wont answer my emails no more.

maybe i am wrong about posting this but i hate when people do this and maybe he might fix the situation yet but to me and after the conversations we had it doesnt look that way. so when it is resolved i will delet thread

Have you considered the possibility that you have overestimated the amps capabilities?

What kind of amp was it, what is it rated to do RMS wise, is there possibly an installation issue?.

We can't go and make fun of him till we get all aspects of whats going on.

i know it was hooked up right, i just pulled my rf power t20001bd out and put this in in its place. if there was a installation issue it would have happened with it as well and as far as the gains and x-overs r, i have tried everything that i could and still does the same thing no matter what i do. i dont want ne one to make fub of him i just want it resolved but he doesnt want to own up to that responsibility. im going to take it down to another stereo shop and have it checked again and get a second or third oppinion again.

words from a pm from tj:

1st message today alerting him of your thread at SD.....

yea, i was alerterd of that last night, the guy hooked the amp up wrong and thinks its my fault i didnt teach him how to hook up a mono amp

2nd reply......

im not a member there. i even told him, since its a new amp, i called bob at american bass, he will warrenty the amp at no cost, but this kid seems to think i should drive over to topeka pick it up, send to bob myself, and then redelver it.. after that remark, i told him to F/O

#1 he just got the amp from a/b and sold it to you. you said on SD that he should have tested it first, you may be correct. However coming from bob, he guessed it to be working. I surely would have as well. So your saying its not working from bob, which can be a legit claim, and so you cant be making a mistake. Your saying mistakes dont happen, right? Then bob couldnt have shipped out a bad amp if thats the case.

#2 he went to alot of trouble to transfer a warranty to your name. that means you will have warranty when the amp comes back. if that doesnt sound like he is bending over backwards, i dunno.

#3 you havent posted anything of the likes on termpro or carsound, both where tj is a registered member. Why not? Clearly you would be able to communicate there over a forum in which you both are registered. TJ didnt go to SD or here to sell that amp, you found him on carsound, correct? What makes you think he's registered at every available forum?

Just trying to help and give you the other side of the story. Looks like a resolution is offered, why not take it?

i called bob today and was suppose to be tooken care of wasnt, im going to have to pay for them to look at the amp and fix it and i dont feel responsible for that. as far as him teaching me how to hook up an amp, i dont think so. it was hooked up right, cause i took it down to a local stereo shop after the first encounter with tj on this matter and as far as that goes when i did call tj on the matter he couldnt tell me if i was right or not on hooking the speaker wires up or not as well but i was right. im not asking no one to believe me and all this is now is a back and forth mess of i dont know what, i would fend for tj to if i was a friend or teammate or have had a good experience with him but im not and havent so i cant. im done replying to this thread as i got out what i had to say, i can say that i have never had ne trouble like this with ne other of my transactions.

later

i lied, as for the 2nd reply hehe

i did not want tj to come pick up the amp and send off to bob, i would have done that all he ahs to do was pay for it. already conversations have been made up that never took place. im out u guys have fun in here

im not trying to be a d**k on the situation all im saying is fix the amp i will be happy and i will even appoligize for bringing this out to public as i didnt want to. i will also say this im not the type of person if i have made a mistake with the amp then i would fix it, but i didnt mess it up

i also didnt know this till after finding out the amp was messed up that when the amp was recieved back from ab all that was tested on it was power and not hooking it up to nething. i have the email saved on the one, so all of this could have been avoided if proper measurements were toon place

bought another amp, moving on. going to send it and get the ab fixed at my own expense, im not replying to this thread no more lost cause. so if some one wants to delete this thread be my guest someone else can experience the pain as i did maybe then people will believe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

midwestcustoms3

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
midwestcustoms3
topeka, ks
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies