Splitting a sub channel

1BadHawk
10+ year member

Here
Can you run two speakers off one channel?

I have a two channel amp that puts about 500wrms EA at 4ohm. Im wondering can I split each channel into two, in order to run 4 speakers? If so what does that do the output with regards to the ohm rating?

Im not sure yet since i havent baught them.

The amp puts out

2 x 300W RMS @ 4 Ohm Stereo

2 x 500W RMS @ 2 Ohm Stereo

1 x 1200W RMS @ 4 Ohm Mono

I was thinking about splitting the channels for the front and rear speakers. 6.5" comps pup front and probably 6" mids in the back or 6"two ways.

yea you can, i had a 4122 thunder mtx that i was using to power four subs so im sure your ok. plus this was such a small amp and still it worked up until i got a bigger one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.