Splicing wires

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jimmaaay
10+ year member

Greek Man
I currently am running two Hifonics OLM1612's and they are getting around 600 rms from my BXI2008d wired to 2 ohms. I want to wire them in parallel, but I can't drill holes through my ported cabinet to connect the woofers together to bring more power to them. So I was wondering if I could take the wires coming from the terminals and splice the positive to positive and negative to negative, then into my amp through one of the outputs? Would this work or should I just figure a way to wire them through the cabinet?

Ignore the circles, this how I have it wired but it is coming out of 2 outputs, so if you split 1200, 600 rmz to each woofer. I want to have around 1200 per woofer by what I said in the topic post.

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

you cannot get 1200 to each woofer you barely have enough power for 1 of those subs dude you need 2 1210d amps 1 per sub. jesus you are gonna smoke the amp and those beautiful subs man!

Oh but sic, they are Maxxsonics amps. They should run .5ohm daily and .25ohm burps no?

Try wiring it to .5ohm and play it. In all honesty after rise you will be at ~1ohm. You cant really hear the difference between 2400w & 2000w.

grim is correct

my bad i misread and thought u had 1 1210d lol yeah run it at .5 ohm if your electrical is good you will get at least 1000 per sub and after rise you will be at 1 ohm or more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.