Splice RCAs, use a RCA Line Level Converter or something else?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dozyproductions

CarAudio.com Newbie
I recently bough an 08 Mitsubishi Lancer with the rockford fosgate OEM system where the aliexpress radio uses a CAN bus to connect to. After 30 minutes of listening I knew it needed to go. Took out the OEM system, bought 2-way components upfront ,coaxils for the rear, a 4 channel amp and rewired the car with the speaker wires going to the trunk.

Radio has RCA IN and RCA OUT cables. Upon closer inspection it seems like the RCA IN is connected to the radio but the RCA OUT is coming from the car's wiring harness from who knows where.

I found that someone who, ages ago, took out his fosgate system and provided a wiring diagram picture for the OEM amp's side harness.

Is it even possible to use a stereo line output converter or should I splice some RCA's together via the right/left IN wires in the diagram??

Thank you for reading this far and even more thanks if you can give me some input!

Last edited:
I would just use a LOC or rather a DSP/LOC
Try the Audio Control LC6i
Then if you want to add a sub in the future you can

Yes this diagram is at the amp side. Problem with DSPs is that in my country they are very cost prohibitive (600zl - 1500 zl) and the to be girlfriend will not allow it. If I were to use an LOC, which wires would I hook up? I have 8 - 12 speaker wires at the harness. Would it be with the IN wires?

The LOC's I have access to have at most 4 wires from the speakers. If that's the only option I can always use the rear cables. Will be using an RCA splitter at the amp anyways. To be honest, I've never had to use and therefore don't understand LOCs or how it could work in my situation.

Last edited:
The problem with LOC is the put out very low voltage to your RCA 's
A normal aftermarket HU will put out 2-3 volts
A good one will put out 4-5 volts
An LOC will put out 1 volt or less
If your going to go LOC get one with a line driver in it
This should boost the voltage

You can splice into any of the speaker wires but since you are doing front end I would splice into the wires that are going to the speakers you are replacing
This way you will keep your balance and fade

The problem with LOC is the put out very low voltage to your RCA 's
A normal aftermarket HU will put out 2-3 volts
A good one will put out 4-5 volts
An LOC will put out 1 volt or less
If your going to go LOC get one with a line driver in it
This should boost the voltage

You can splice into any of the speaker wires but since you are doing front end I would splice into the wires that are going to the speakers you are replacing
This way you will keep your balance and fade

Thank you. I replaced all speakers and originally just bought some RCA splitters. Would adjust the gain of the rear speakers at the amp to control the 'fade'. Can I ask then, can I just use the harness's rear speaker wires to get a full signal, connect to a 2 channel LOC, then split the RCA's at the amp?

Then found this one . Only click if you can google translate the page.

Again thanks for the help. I'm really out of my element with this 'newer' stuff.

Last edited:
It will get the job done I guess but you will have to split the RCA's and the voltage is low
You can always get a seperate line driver later on to increase the performance

It will get the job done I guess but you will have to split the RCA's and the voltage is low
You can always get a seperate line driver later on to increase the performance

Thank you. What I linked is adjustable so I should would still need a signal line driver anyways? There are more expensive and 'premium' LOC's so I'm guessing that they'll be able to provide a higher voltage signal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...