SPL vs Compact Build

Way to small a box, way to ****** a amp.
Depends on what you need. I like even response curves that still have volume, not high SPL peaks. A box 2.9 to 3.4 ft^3 with a low port tune (sub 30 hz) works on the SA's for that purpose. Otherwise, I would typically agree with you, that's why my last box was 6ft^3 portrs to 28hz. As it is, I need a smaller box in my car right now. *shrug*

Mediocre amp, yes. However, it will give me the power I need fairly cleanly. Reference the thread on the newest generation herehttp://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/hot-deals/172057-ppi-ba7000-1d-just-released-25.html

I've work with PPI amps in the last generation, they performed flawlessly in those applications. Im still friends with one of the guys I did the install for and his runs perfect two years later. Plus, its what I can afford.

None of that helps me figure out if I need to start upgrading power supy to run 1600w to 2200w RMS. That, I haven't done much of. Would the big 3 be enough? Or would I have to start working on batcaps or second batteries?

Depends on what you need. I like even response curves that still have volume, not high SPL peaks. A box 2.9 to 3.4 ft^3 with a low port tune (sub 30 hz) works on the SA's for that purpose. Otherwise, I would typically agree with you, that's why my last box was 6ft^3 portrs to 28hz. As it is, I need a smaller box in my car right now. *shrug*
Mediocre amp, yes. However, it will give me the power I need fairly cleanly. Reference the thread on the newest generation herehttp://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/hot-deals/172057-ppi-ba7000-1d-just-released-25.html

I've work with PPI amps in the last generation, they performed flawlessly in those applications. Im still friends with one of the guys I did the install for and his runs perfect two years later. Plus, its what I can afford.

None of that helps me figure out if I need to start upgrading power supy to run 1600w to 2200w RMS. That, I haven't done much of. Would the big 3 be enough? Or would I have to start working on batcaps or second batteries?
So you learnt all of this in 4 days of modeling and reading reviews. Sounds like you have it all figured out.

So you learnt all of this in 4 days of modeling and reading reviews. Sounds like you have it all figured out.
Well, what would you suggest man? I need my sub box to be 3.5 cubes or less including port and drivers and I need an amp powerful enough to run things. Ive got a 200 dollar budget for an amp and the sub's budget is negotiable.

The JBL looks promising. Should be enough to power two SA's if it gets full power cleanly. Do you think it would be enough to move two SoundQubed HDS310's? If I'm looking at tens again I'm going to reconsider SQ. 3.4 cubes should be enough to tune them low for a smooth response
It as the easy gain setting function. You will get more out of it that that PPI trash.

The JBL looks promising. Should be enough to power two SA's if it gets full power cleanly. Do you think it would be enough to move two SoundQubed HDS310's? If I'm looking at tens again I'm going to reconsider SQ. 3.4 cubes should be enough to tune them low for a smooth response
2 hds310's tuned to 32hz on a hifonics brx1101.1D

Wire them to 1 ohm and add a second battery to hold you steady at 12+v on longer bass notes.

Big 3 certainly would help to get the power to where its needed.

Those 10's would only need 3.25cuft net max.

With 1k+ power you can even settle for 2.75cuft net.

Tuning to 32hz would give you atleast from 36hz-28hz no problem allowing it to play low and be a daily box.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Hds310's in 3.5 net @35hz. Done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.