SPL Sub Needed..

Untouchable6588
10+ year member

I am having trouble picking out subs, I want the most SPL i can get with 1200rms . Where I am from we only have the main stream brands. Alpine,Rockford, kicker, etc. I want to venture out.

I have a hatchback with a current set-up of 2 alpine Type-r 10's in a sealed box. Want to go with bigger subs. My small goal is to destroy my friends one Kicker L7 with the biggest ported box kicker recommends, He also has a hatchback.

I would like to spend around 300 or less for the sub or subs. It would also be nice to be able to listen to them at a lower volume and still sound good.

Ya he has one 12" L7 . I would almost say my two tens in a sealed box are almost as loud. so two 12" Type-r in a ported box do the trick. I would say 600rms each would be plenty for them.

Liked the T3 audio TSS 12" but cant find a place to buy them I live in Maine.

Does anyone know any info on the Re mt 12"? like maybe the Rms..

Any other suggestions?

I was thinking of getting one FI BL. I have always gone with either tens or twelves in sealed boxs. I would like my new sub to me loud but hit low. I want to feel it in my chest. Should i go with one 12" in a ported box or one 15" ported box? Never really heard any good 15"s so i am unsure if I should even bother.

what about ; Soundstream T5; AudioQue HC3; Really any sub between $200-300 is my goal with 900-1200 watts rms...

Off 1200watts 2 12" SDC2.5's would do nicely in a ported box and whoop up on that L7. Check the Audioque site for pricing, but it should be under $300 for the pair...

is it worth getting the AQC2.5 12'S for about $325 shipped when i can get 2 type-r 12's for 200 shipped? and will those two subs be louder than one hdc312?

The amp im running has a rating of 1230rms for subs and i have a 400rms four channel ..i would go bigger but my car wont take it unless i upgrade the alt and i dont want to do that yet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.