SPL question

kickerlivinloud
10+ year member

Banning survivor
Ok, I was looking at some pics from soundoff, and some other comps sites and I keep on seeing people pushing on the car I take it while they are competing. Why are they doing this???? Does it increase the dB of the car or what. Just cerious b/c if I was at a comp idk if I would want 20 people push and messing with my car (know what I mean?)

Just cerious...

Jon

The more air that escapes and more flexing, the lower the DB. This is why you see cars with big clamps holding doors and other panels closed air tight. They are pushing on it in the attempt of stopping flex.

In my experience at local shows it doesnt make a difference unless your pretty loud, Ive seen people jump on top of a Cherokee that hit like a 135, stupid asses.

SPL vehicles are virtually soundproof, they are attempting to keep ALL of the air and sound in. They spend 1000's reinforcing and bracing everything.

90% INSTALL

10% EQUIPMENT

Some cars actually benefit from resonation/air leaks, whereas others benefit from bracing. It depends on the install, as well as tuning of the box. Lower tuning will put up better numbers if there are more air leaks, high will benefit from bracing. MOST of the time anyways.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.