SPL-Master's Hyundai build

What xovers are those? They look similar to old MB Quart
there the ones that came with the pap comps, witch btw sounds awesome for 70 bucks a set //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

a little update...my ap30001d is at the repair shop getting a rebuilt and should be done soon and then i can get some vids up

also i am selling my ap1004 and getting a bigger 4 channel, those comps want more power!

well got some pics today, ampjunkielikeme is going the work in this thing and so far it has been great dealing with him. he is just waiting on parts now so hopefully soon this thing will be up and running

some work pics, he says he still needs to clean it up a bit but i say so far so good!

ppi585.jpg

ppi586.jpg

ppi588.jpg

cool i have an '05 santa fe. only had it for little over two months and i just put the subs from my old truck into here. dumb question but how do you keep the box from sliding around? is it just the right size where the wheel wells keep it from moving or do you have it bolted? this is how im keeping mine from going anywhere :/
subs2.jpg

im thinkin of going ported though. and i dont like how the subs are between me and the rear speakers so im thinking of mounting them on the roof above and behind the rear seats.
Well what I did to keep my box secured, was I used some plywood I had laying around and took my carpet piece out and traced the outline of the carpet piece onto the plywood and then cut the plywood with the table saw and then right in the middle as it was the only way to get it in the car, but it goes no where as it fits perfect and then put my box in there and used drywall screws in there, about 5 of them and drilled the box down into the plywood. Kinda ghetto, but you don't see it, it don't affect performance and it isn't going anywhere unless maybe I flipped my car, lol!

Just and idea, but your trunk space is much larger than mine.

Will say, just remember you won't be able to get to your spare if your spare is in the normal area well, without a little work. Can't remember if the Sante Fe's have their spare under the vehicle or not. I have my battery in the spare well tire area and haven't used that for a spare tire in 3 years, lol! No problems as of yet with flat tires, knock on wood now!

nice, i want to get rims for it but it was rims or a system and well you know what i chose lol....i think i may need to do something about the suspension tho, as its about an inch lower in the rear haha
He meant 18" Xcons...subs

photos please? i need some inspiration and so far this thread is the only one dealing with santa fe's that ive seen.
yeah i have never really seen anything else on then here
If yal haven't seen any of his builds or thread you aren't looking.

I like all of the electrical work that you did, but I don't really care for that box too much. I would think that a different box style would work better. But, I could be wrong.

that is a good idea bigbang. and i could cut it in half along the width to make two peices and put small hinges so i could utilize the space between the end of the box and the back hatch. just 3 weeks ago i got a flat :/ so i guess i need to keep the tire kit accessible.

I like all of the electrical work that you did, but I don't really care for that box too much. I would think that a different box style would work better. But, I could be wrong.
yeah i have been thinking about building a different one.... as it is now i really have no room for my amps so that is what is making me want to do it the most

also made a battery mount

IMG_8526.jpg

card board FTW!

IMG_8535.jpg

IMG_8536.jpg

MDF

IMG_8539.jpg

IMG_8541.jpg

IMG_8556.jpg

IMG_8557.jpg

perfect fit!

IMG_8560.jpg

haven't mounted any wires or fuse holders yet but you get the idea : )

IMG_8565.jpg

so how much room do you have between the end of the box and the hatch? and do you even have rear speakers in the mounts? i dont like how once you put a box back there it totally gets in the way of the spks. ive considered putting mine in the rear psgr doors but i dont know. im about to move back to tx so im not doing anything yet. i like the box and i guess the dog does too haha

so how much room do you have between the end of the box and the hatch? and do you even have rear speakers in the mounts? i dont like how once you put a box back there it totally gets in the way of the spks. ive considered putting mine in the rear psgr doors but i dont know. im about to move back to tx so im not doing anything yet. i like the box and i guess the dog does too haha
yeah i have a set of components in the bask speaker holes, i can here them just not as well as they should be...i have the tweeter mounted up high so you can here ist pretty well. i was also looking into the rear door but it was just more work then i wanted to do at the time and i think the rear window got in the way but i don't remember.......wait! i think the rear door has a plastic pocket that stopped me from doing it!!!

nice, i want to get rims for it but it was rims or a system and well you know what i chose lol....i think i may need to do something about the suspension tho, as its about an inch lower in the rear haha
I wasn't talking rims lols (even though it does have 18's on it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ). Subs, 18" Subs.

XCON11%20022.JPG

photos please? i need some inspiration and so far this thread is the only one dealing with santa fe's that ive seen.
Build Log

build is looking great so far. Have you gotten a chance to get this on a mic yet? Any thoughts as to what it's doing number wise?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.