SPL - L5 15 or HC 15?

i know there the L5 is a good sub but ive heard of of a SE against a L7 and they were almost identical in spl so i thought the HC should easly take it out i know there more for SQ but they also are atleast equal to the Se.. spl in mind here

Originally posted by Matador SPL wise? i thought the HCs were more SQ oriented. And trust me, the L5s can get pretty darn loud
Thats the funny thing...they are really an SQ driver...
but they can get **** loud when you want them to...and can take an assload for burps...

TeamPSI

Had a guy do some testing the other day between the L7 (seven not five) and the SE.

He had them in the same box on the same amp. They were identical in score.

In my "personal" opinion.....the L5 dont want none of the SE. The L7 on the other hand....will give it a run for it's money in an spl application.

see he should know

jesus christ.

you kids amaze me.

i did a HUGE thread where i metered them both in identical boxes with identical power in 3 different cars.

the L7.. *(not the l5 but dont think your saving any money.. its only a 20 dollar difference)* spanked the HECK out of the hc. my hc only metered in the mid 140s, and that was on 2 large amps in 4 different boxes.

i'll try to bump it.

Yeah but you clearly stated that the boxes weren't designed for either of the subs. What if that box you had the HC in was truley the worst box possible for the HC //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I know the odds are slim to none but as an HC owner i would like to have faith that my sub is truly kickass. :p

Tim

i have both the L7, and the HC.

the hc box was designed for it.. 3.5 cubes at 35 htz.. right off the webpage specs for a "street box"

plus it was put in 3 other boxes, a spl only box, a sq styled ported box, and another average street box.

but to say it again.. the boxes are THE IDEAL FOR EACH SITUATION. no i didnt spend the time building the ideal box for each sub, i wasnt going to waste hundreds of dollars doing the math and labor for all 3 cars they were in, but hands down the L7 STOMPED on the hc, no question. i'd put 100 dollars on my L7 any day of the week against a hc. thats how confident i am that i am correct.

the MOST we got out of the hc was mid 140s, the L7 was in 155s.. no comparison.

*sigh*

I KNEW (*KNEW*) yes, KNEW that you would go against an HC getting louder than an L5...not, L7, L5...yes, L5 (did I say L5?).

WE ARE COMPARING A L5, NOT AN L7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.