SPL - L5 15 or HC 15?

Originally posted by TeamPSI Its not my fault if you cant fit a large enclosure in your vehicle. Unfortunately the HC will need that size enclosure to get a nice spike in the frequency response where the L7 doesnt.

Im not saying the you are wrong, or that your tests are wrong or inaccurate. Im sure your results are absolutely correct. All I'm saying is that you did not use the optimal enclosures for the HC.....or XXX for that matter. You base your decisions from that test as if it is the end-all be-all of spl comparison.....which it is not.

Anyway....Im not gonna argue with you. Ill just leave it as "Youre right and I'm wrong"

OK...that satisfy you? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

158...nice score BTW....at what organizations show did you do that #? USAC, MECA?

as for the 158 it was just us working on the box... at our shop here in houghton lake. i plan on doing the same thing at our next db drag here so i have it on paper, but with me in and out of the hosptial with my tumor almost weekly i cant afford to play around too much.. its getting to the point that i might have to go in for the long haul and the big surgery. so i gotta take what i can grab.

please dont think that i'm trying to bash re.. like that i own a hc and love it.. its just.. for most people a 7 cube sacrifice is just too much... 5 cubes for me is alot... so when i was in the 6.5 cube range with my 2 12s i was just screwed if i wanted to do anything other than compete with my explorer.

i dont think any of these boxes are "optimal." they are just what we had either lying around the shop or were currently using for the subs.. wanna know what my team mate uses for his box for his 2 dd 9515s? a pre-fab 2 cube per tuned to a generic 38 htz. we cant seem to understand it but in a ford focus he is CONSTANTLY in the 155s 156s... we've tried other boxes and just cant get the results from that car with them in the far back like that.. its outrageous.

i just think that my test was a fair cross section.. definately nothing to swear by.. but a good "lets see what happens" type test. im sure that different people could milk subs for different ammounts, i'm posative of it.. look at the guy with 160s and a single brahma.. its all in what you do with it. i just presented the info for a "back yard battle" type situation...

dont admit being wrong when your not. all i tried to do is provide a decent cross section of boxes and vehicles that these subs might appear in.. note that i used 3 different amps as well..

i just tried to help out with the comparison. they were on an entirely equal playing field in my opinion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.