SPL in trunk car.

Thanks.

And tell me how that goes btdickey99
I will //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I will be using a local shops meter(not a TL) to find out what meters best and then post some results

I know that this thread is a couple days old, but this is how you do it http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=300887&page=4
Thats very similar to what I have right now

I have a PA3000d. rated 1300w at 2ohm.. So I'm assuming I'm getting a good 1000w out of it.. It's not a terrible amp.

I'm thinking I need another batter and some good wiring, my 4g is more like 5g.. if there is even a such thing. The point is that the insulation is 4g but the wire is not.

I am actually very glad you did this..... I have thought of this thread a couple times since it died wondering why it did, and what gets best results....thanks
I did a similar design in a Grand Am, with a 15" L5 and a 1500.1 and it was doing 148's in the kick with zero testing. I'm sure that I could have gotten it to do a 150if I tried. It was about 3.5ish cubes and had 3 4" aeros.

I did a similar design in a Grand Am, with a 15" L5 and a 1500.1 and it was doing 148's in the kick with zero testing. I'm sure that I could have gotten it to do a 150if I tried. It was about 3.5ish cubes and had 3 4" aeros.
wow.....I wish I could do those type of #s...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif....I guess its back to the drawing board for the next build

any experience at all with sub and port into the cabin w/out sealing it off?

wow.....I wish I could do those type of #s...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif....I guess its back to the drawing board for the next build
any experience at all with sub and port into the cabin w/out sealing it off?
You can do similar #'s pretty easily. I didn't even try on that build because it wasn't mine. Just follow the advice of those that have done good #'s.

I haven't messed with that because I don't have a trunk.

You can do similar #'s pretty easily. I didn't even try on that build because it wasn't mine. Just follow the advice of those that have done good #'s.
I haven't messed with that because I don't have a trunk.
Yea it looks like I need to do a box with some aero's in it....time to pick some up

most of the boxes i build for Texas Bass Productions Trunk class go woofers and port into the cab sealed off from trunk. most guys doing 51 on 1 12 and 53-54's 2 15's 2-3000 watts, and the all gained .5 or better with the trunk open. termlab in the kicks

Alright.. I can't post numbers, but I just turned my port so it's in the cabin..

I'll post if I get better results or not.. It better be just as loud if not louder because I would hate to take everything apart again..

Alright.. I can't post numbers, but I just turned my port so it's in the cabin..
I'll post if I get better results or not.. It better be just as loud if not louder because I would hate to take everything apart again..
louder of what?

it really depends on your car man u can i have a trunk car and i tried the facing forward bit and only did a 138 on my first run an when i turned the box around did a 140 with 1200 watts. built another box port back about 3 inches from the trunk lid and subs up and did a 142 not even with gains up high, so it just depends on your car. trunks are hard to get loud but the ride to getting them loud is fun and u will learn a lot while doing it trust me. i know a guy who is down 154 to 156 out of a trunk with about 3200 watts and he has promised to only get louder so u have to work at it man and ask, ask , and ask a lot of questions cause some of these guys can be helpful.

supadave

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.