SPL in trunk car.

Well... I'm not sure..

It kinda sounds more like a big pfshhhhhhhhht. Sounds more like a fart facing forward.

I'm going to have to listen to it more tomorrow, I only listened to it LOUD for about 30sec today haha.. I hate driving around town with it loud..

ok I know this thread has died but thought I would post my results as I promised I would....

using a local shops mic I did some testing... not full volume but high

sub/port back.....146.5

Sub/port facing into car(not sealed off)- 147.1

box sideways/port/sun sideways facing driver side 148.6

ok I know this thread has died but thought I would post my results as I promised I would....

sub/port back.....146.5

Nice, thanks for posting.

btdickey99 do you have a ski-port in your car?

i have one in mine and am thinking of ethier having the port or the sub and at opening in the backseat

your numbers make sense.. From my personal experiences too.. (I mean mine are just by ear, but you can deffinatly tell)

Thanks for posting //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So..

sub up port to the side for trunk cars???

sub/port back.....146.5

so the loudest was when you turned the box sideways and the sub and port both faced the driver side?

with this current setup the only way i can get it as loud as i'd like is to have the trunk open and the driver side door open. just seems hard to cruise down the road like that so im lookin for alternatives lol.

SANY0833.jpg

i can position my box 3-4 more inches from the trunk lid if need be. would the port be lacking air being this close or something? which would explain the trunk being open and it being louder?

yes...night and day difference
alright, this gives me reason to get the amp off the box as well, i screwed that thing down with 8 screws and it still rattled like a *****. prob not good for it's internals anyway lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.