SPL in trunk car.

miker
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Wayzata, MN
Alright.. What are ways to increase SPL in a trunk car..

Like.. Is it good to seal off the trunk? or decrease the layers between the trunk and car as much as possible?..

Like nothing like buying a new amp or building a new box..

To state the obvious. fold down seats if you can, or remove them completely; then have subs facing in toward cabin. Facing subs in toward cabin may not work for all cars. My seats don't go down in my car... Having your rear deck free may also help ( no 6x9s or whatever speakers are there ) this will allow more air to come through to the cabin. Deadening the trunk well will also help.

when no one is in mycar i keep the seats folded down. im trying to get the most out of my one 12. and with my seats down my friends say it hits harder then there systems. just tuck everything away so a walker by cant see anything. my sub box is in a cardboard box so it looks like i have a cardboard box in my trunk.

when no one is in mycar i keep the seats folded down. im trying to get the most out of my one 12. and with my seats down my friends say it hits harder then there systems. just tuck everything away so a walker by cant see anything. my sub box is in a cardboard box so it looks like i have a cardboard box in my trunk.
bet that looks really good

anywayz its going to be hard as fuck to get loud thats how it is for me, goodluck.

Alright, so right now I have the center seat out, and thats as much as I can do there, and I have the rear speakers out, and the holes are being left unplugged.

So that should help it? and you say port into the cabin? I could try spinning my box again, b/c when it was porting into the cabin everything was ****ed up (RCA's in wrong spots.. lol) so that probably why it was so weak..

anywayz its going to be hard as fuck to get loud thats how it is for me, goodluck.

Yeah.. I ahve a type R on 1000w, and it's just not really doing it for me.. I mean it gets fairly loud, but.. More is better..

I have it in a 2.5cf box with two 4" Aero ports. tuned at 33hz. But the music I play is mostly low notes.. So lower tuning is better.

I thin I made the tittle misleading/ wrong..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

EDIT: 89' BMW 325ix.

EDIT2: 12" woofer BTW.. No money to change equipment either. Possibly a second battery but thats all.

so facing the sub/ port into the cabin without sealing it off from the trunk (in most cases depending on vehicle of course) will have better results than sub/port back?

Yeah.. I ahve a type R on 1000w, and it's just not really doing it for me.. I mean it gets fairly loud, but.. More is better..
I have it in a 2.5cf box with two 4" Aero ports. tuned at 33hz. But the music I play is mostly low notes.. So lower tuning is better.

I thin I made the tittle misleading/ wrong..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

EDIT: 89' BMW 325ix.

EDIT2: 12" woofer BTW.. No money to change equipment either. Possibly a second battery but thats all.
what amp?

so once again....any experience with gaining by facing sub and port into the cabin without sealing it off?

I plan to test @ with it next week I just wanted to know

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.