SPL competitor

You should go with bandpass boxes. Ever see a frequency/power plot of those things? You can design a bandpass box so that it sounds about 20x louder than a sealed box at a given frequency. Just figure out what frequency you are allowed to play and align the box to make a huge peak at that frequency.
most bandpass designs have a very high compression / output ratio in SPL instances.. not a good idea for ultra high burp SPL use.. esp in organizations that do not permit having an open window / door..

Loyd L.

Ask Bassman about the DBM subs.

Louder than a 9515 (?). Can handle whatever you throw at them, and would probably be suitable in the lower wattage street class...

most bandpass designs have a very high compression / output ratio in SPL instances.. not a good idea for ultra high burp SPL use.. esp in organizations that do not permit having an open window / door..
Loyd L.
Actually, I havn't heard of any organizations that do allow an open window or door. Are there any?

Why in a civic??? Even though they aren't bad cars, I'll never understand everyone's fascination with them. Heck, at least you aren't putting JL's in them like everyone else! :)
Because my neighbor has a hatchback for sale real cheap. It won't fit anyway so it doesn't matter what kind of car as long as it fits. Thats why I'll probably use a bronco or something close to it.

Hey I am wondering why you would want to go with more subs and probabbly less efficency instead of a few good subs with 100% efficency. I am sure that 8x 15L7's would be insane, but the more subs, the higher competition class your in. Why not get 3 or 4 subs with better SPL capabilites than the 15L7 and stretch them to their max instead of having 8 subs that arent fully powered/overpowered and maybe not enough enclosure space.

I am thinking about like 4 DD 9515e or 4 Treo CSX 15 and subs along those lines (Incriminator, ect) and then with 40-50cuft enclosure you could give each driver 10 cuft. With the 15L7's your could only give them like 4-5 cuft.

Hey I am wondering why you would want to go with more subs and probabbly less efficency instead of a few good subs with 100% efficency. I am sure that 8x 15L7's would be insane, but the more subs, the higher competition class your in. Why not get 3 or 4 subs with better SPL capabilites than the 15L7 and stretch them to their max instead of having 8 subs that arent fully powered/overpowered and maybe not enough enclosure space.
I am thinking about like 4 DD 9515e or 4 Treo CSX 15 and subs along those lines (Incriminator, ect) and then with 40-50cuft enclosure you could give each driver 10 cuft. With the 15L7's your could only give them like 4-5 cuft.
With eight L7's as opposed to 4 of any other is, I'll be able to increase the PSI of force inside the cabin with the L7's. Remember that the reason I'm using L7's is the cost factor. If I use a bronco I could give each sub 10 cu ft if I wanted to. Those PPI amps were rated at 600, but put out close to 900.

I'm not an audio genius, but I have been around long enough to develop some interesting theory's about SPL applications. This is a test vehicle to see if my theory's hold any weight.

If you guys have the links to where I can purchase nice subs like, re xxx's or dd 9515e's, Treo's etc, post them ok.

With eight L7's as opposed to 4 of any other is, I'll be able to increase the PSI of force inside the cabin with the L7's. Remember that the reason I'm using L7's is the cost factor. If I use a bronco I could give each sub 10 cu ft if I wanted to. Those PPI amps were rated at 600, but put out close to 900.I'm not an audio genius, but I have been around long enough to develop some interesting theory's about SPL applications. This is a test vehicle to see if my theory's hold any weight.

If you guys have the links to where I can purchase nice subs like, re xxx's or dd 9515e's, Treo's etc, post them ok.

Why spend thousands of dollars to just see if your theories hold weight?

Just get one really nice sub and test you theories with that. If they hold weight then buy another sub and compete on a street level. Once you get into the Extreme 9 and up class you're through with..

my theory's can only be tested with extreme sound pressure levels. Some of them include vehicle integrity, enclosure wall integrity, acoustics inside the vehicle and port application. They all need to be applied together in order to get accurate results. If this works I will definetly go all out next time.

Testing them with one sub would be kind of like testing out 2" thick armor plating with a .22 caliber bullet. You wouldn't get accurate data or see how well it would hold up in combat applications.

This only going to cost me around 4500.00 dollars.

my theory's can only be tested with extreme sound pressure levels. Some of them include vehicle integrity, enclosure wall integrity, acoustics inside the vehicle and port application. They all need to be applied together in order to get accurate results. If this works I will definetly go all out next time.Testing them with one sub would be kind of like testing out 2" thick armor plating with a .22 caliber bullet. You wouldn't get accurate data or see how well it would hold up in combat applications.

This only going to cost me around 4500.00 dollars.

All of what you just said is like trying to find the frequency of your car with 6 subs...

Why not get a cheap meter and compare box A to box B?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.