Spl audio custom tc 3hp 15

Participant count
  • Participant list

pimpnyou204
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Got a tc 3000 3hp motor and got it reconed into a 15. Spl recommends 3.25 cubes tuned to 32-35 but I wanna go a lil lower right about 29. I can't go over 16 height without being a really nondeep box and this will be a wall since thats what works the best.

Dimensions

16 height

29 wide

22 deep

=4.73 cubes and with a 4.5 wide port I'd have 65 port are which would be 14.4 per cube.

Now tuning at 29 I'd be sitting at 39 long port taking up pretty much my side and all the back of my box. How do u think these dimensions would work with the box and sub?

Also I ride with one seat down which would u put in the opening.. sub or port or sub and port on the same side venting thru?

Last edited by a moderator:
- I would personally do closer than 4 cubes and tune to 30 it'll play low enough...

- 12-16 cubic inch per 1 sqft is fine... you're ok with 14.4

- put the port anywhere except next to the sub.

- I would personally do closer than 4 cubes and tune to 30 it'll play low enough...- 12-16 cubic inch per 1 sqft is fine... you're ok with 14.4

- put the port anywhere except next to the sub.
Which would u put in the vent where my seat will be down sub or port?

Id go 4.5 cubes at 28.....I talk with audio phil still abouttc subs and boxes
Not doubting u but from what I've read about tc recommended boxes is that it's 2.5-4 I think but I really doubt it's over 4 and personally is rather not give up so much space honestly

I had the original quad VC TC3000 and it definitely seemed to perform better in a smaller box. The inductance on those is pretty high, so putting them in a big box is going to make group delay NASTY, as I experienced. Dropping from 4.5ft^3 to 3.5ft^3 and noticed a difference in the transient response right off the batt...and it still killed the lows as well. I actually would have preferred to have gone smaller, but I just never got around to it.

But since these are recones, who knows what it would like without knowing the t/s.

That's exactly what I heard from a few people who went from 4 to 3.5 cubes I was just kind of skeptical on the 3.25 but definitely not gonna doubt the builder of my sub lol but I assume my box would be good then bcuz I'd sitting at about 3.25 after displacements. Last thing is the opening in my seat 2 1/2 feet should I put the port or sun there and the other on the other side.

I cant really do anything but forward firing my trunk is only like 18 inches high and the sound can't get thru with rear firing I tried that and a up firing lol hate my car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.