Spent 2k on a sub and amp..but bass seems quiet..help!

Its a W7. the biggest main stream sub every built. The Punk kids ALL have to have one. With 2k you couldve walked away with a Incriminator Audio warden and some serious power to push it. It would be easy louder than any W7 could ever dream of being.

Its a W7. the biggest main stream sub every built. The Punk kids ALL have to have one. With 2k you couldve walked away with a Incriminator Audio warden and some serious power to push it. It would be easy louder than any W7 could ever dream of being.
Because a DB score is all that matters, right?

I agree he paid too much, but comparing a W7 to a Warden is just silliness.

You have good stuff, but it sounds like you went to the wrong place to get it. Reminds me of the time I went to a local car audio shop here in Jacksonville FL. I was simply browsing the store to see what they had. A dude there asked what I ran, at the time it was a Sundown 3000D. He chuckled and said it wouldnt make rated power if it was struck by lightning. I laughed back and carried on with my day. When I got back into my car to leave I looked back to see the store manager along with the rest of the employees congregated in a circle sharing a blunt behind the store.

The point is, you cant trust a local shop to do things right, no matter how bad they rip you off..

There's a guy in New Hampshire that puts up 143 and change with the same substage.

Agreed that for 2 grand they really need to make it right. W7 is a loud and capable sub and the slash amps should produce rated power into them. If you play things max volume and that sub isn't moving quite a bit someone really screwed the pooch.

I'd take the W7 over any subs mentioned in the replies any day of the week.
My substage cost double what the OP payed. But it's loud as **** and sounds perfect!
Almost anyone can get louder for cheaper //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

The point is, you cant trust a local shop to do things right..
Please explain this statement cause to just stereotype all brick & mortars as being rip offs and out to get over on customers is just plain foolish!!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D;)

My substage cost double what the OP payed. But it's loud as **** and sounds perfect!
I guarantee you I am louder than you and sound better than you with my four $50 12's and my 6th order with the rear chamber tuned to 33. I play so flat that I hit a 141 at 28 Hz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Because a DB score is all that matters, right?
I agree he paid too much, but comparing a W7 to a Warden is just silliness.
Judging for your other thread, you already blew these, within 20minutes of getting home. If so, that is COMPLETELY the shops fault. Take it back, get your money back, do some research/reading on here and you will be very glad you did so.

Judging for your other thread, you already blew these, within 20minutes of getting home. If so, that is COMPLETELY the shops fault. Take it back, get your money back, do some research/reading on here and you will be very glad you did so.
The shop is telling me that I played them too loud before the subs were properly broken in. Could this be my fault that I had the head unit volume turned up too loud while the cone was too tight, causing the voice coils to heat up? The shop is accepting zero blame for this mess. Could it have been my fault?

I guarantee you I am louder than you and sound better than you with my four $50 12's and my 6th order with the rear chamber tuned to 33. I play so flat that I hit a 141 at 28 Hz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I don't dispute your car is loud, but 'better than you' is a bit optimistic.

The shop is telling me that I played them too loud before the subs were properly broken in. Could this be my fault that I had the head unit volume turned up too loud while the cone was too tight, causing the voice coils to heat up? The shop is accepting zero blame for this mess. Could it have been my fault?
My friend you are being screwed over!!!!!!!!!! Let them know that if they don't take care of this then you will be taking them to small claims court. what they are claiming is a buinch of b.s.

fail. ill get louder than you in a trunk car for half what the OP payed and that 1k also bought a kenwood headunit and all wiring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.