specialty boxes??

Participant count
  • Participant list

o2milleniaSs
10+ year member

ive heard of snailshell boxes that greatly increase the output..

JL has their own HO wedge series. and so on..

are there any SQ based special boxes?..or is sealed the best. i'm looking for the tightest bass possible..i'm really over all that loud obnoxious bass..when i hear the teenagers blasting their music at 2 am coming home from parties..i get disgusted..even though that was me a couple years ago.. :\

infinite baffle for pure SQ

a bandpass box is somewhere between sealed and ported in output, but can reduce mechanical noise, and retain the accuracy of sealed boxes....

rear horn enclosures are huge in the home audio world, but it's just to increase output, i'm not sure what it does to the response of the speaker.....

a regular ported box is pretty hard to beat.......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.