Speakers sound worse with Alpine KTP-445U

Participant count
  • Participant list

speakerboxxx

NY
So I had the power pack installed in my car and now my speakers make a nasty distorted noise at higher volumes when the bass hits. I've tried changing my settings around and it makes no difference, I can't turn up the volume without this happening. The installer put a 60hz HPF setting on that takes out some of the bass but this doesn't help and I also like how it sounds with it off. I have a new pioneer head unit and two 6.5 kicker speakers in the front and two 6x9s in the back that all have this issue now. Didn't have the problem before the amp installation so I was wondering is this little power pack actually pushing too much power to the speakers causing them to distort at higher volumes when the bass drops?

These are the speakers:

Kicker CS65 6-1/2" Coaxial Speakers with Polypropylene Woofer Cones (Pair) Black 40CS654 - Best Buy

Kicker CS694 6" x 9" Coaxial Speakers with Polypropylene Cones (Pair) Black 40CS694 - Best Buy

The wiring is all correct too and again it only started doing this after the amp installation. Any idea why it's doing this or how to solve it? Too much power from the amp or maybe I need a better amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.