speakers need power?

Participant count
  • Participant list

▼)Ñ╩fZΣµ&
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
reno
i have 4 kicker ks68 speakers, that run at 60rms each, but currently i just hav them plugged into my headunit which says about 22rmsx4

the front two sound decent, but the back 2 sound kinda dead as for bass and stuff

and when i turn the volume up decently loud they sound distorted

now does this dull dead sound occur because i do not have enough power to each speaker and its just overworking the headunit amp or what?

any1 have any ideas?

yea i just took all 4 door panels off today and i removed the 96 **** that was peeling off and i cleaned it and put all new matting around everything,, sounds much better but i was wondering why it sounded so dead...

so ill just get like a cheapish power acoustik amp that says it pouts out 80x4 at 4 ohms which will probably only put out 60rms so itl be good heh

so ill just get like a cheapish power acoustik amp that says it pouts out 80x4 at 4 ohms which will probably only put out 60rms so itl be good heh
Well hold on there... what kind of budget you working with?

yea i just took all 4 door pannels off today and i removed the 96 **** that was peeling off and i cleaned and put all new matting around eveyrthing,, sounds much better but i was wondering hy it sounded so dead...

yes it will be "better". can't tell ya how much better.

haha well ok maybe not PA but can ya guys give me some suggestions? for a decent amp to put out around 60rmsx4 at 4 ohms?

kinda looking for 100 area... something thats reliable but not too pricey....

is phoenix gold or kenwood stuff any good? or better than PA? for about $150 i can get a 75rmsx4 at 4ohms, or like (80x4rms at 4 ohms with PA) for like $80

hmmm

You might want to look in to the Panasonic CY-PA4003U amp. Runs about $100 plus shipping and is CEA-2006 compliant (4x64w rms).

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CERWIN-VEGA-EXL400-4-AMPLIFIER-2-16FT-ESOTERIC-RCA_W0QQitemZ180219228421QQihZ008QQcategoryZ39739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Got a little secret for ya.

Unfortunately I can't link to Ampguts right now as it seems to be down. However, if you look at the Cerwin Vega EXL series guts, they look surprisingly similar to ARC Audios XXK series. Not to start any wars here, but *hint, there's speculation they're coming from the same build house.

There are a couple of us that are tearing them apart and analyzing them. I have the 350.2, and will be snagging a 1200D sometime soon. So far, the boards are identical, they put out clean power, and are a steal for what they're going for on Ebay. Prices are going up quickly though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.