Speakers make loud screeching/whining noise, only when car is running?

With Pioneer you cannot plug and unplug rca's with the Hu on, you end up blowing a Pico fuse (located inside the hu). It will cause the issues you've described. You'll need to replace it (about 1.50) at radio shack or take it to a shop that usually charges about 50.00 to replace it. I would go have it checked to see if that's what needs to fix the issue. I learned the hard way also, but it's an easy fix.
good job man, glad he was able to find out what the issue is, what is it with pioneers having such issues and being such great HU too. That ***** u can't hot swap RCA's with that HU, i had done that so many times with my HU lol

Ive had to do this to get rid of noiseand it works and it was also a pioneer... the pioneer I have today , luckily does not do this.

All problems? No, but that was my problem. Had the same issues, I grounded my rca outputs and problem solved.
Are your amps bolted down to a non conductive surface? That is why RCA's are available with a ground cable option, this gives a non grounded amp housing connected to a ground.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.