Speakers Lack Bass!

I tried that and it just sounded terrible and all my settings are good.

Try reversing the phase on one of them for shits and giggles, also, double check the HPF settings on HU/AMP if any, make sure they are set low enough.

I guess if the sound bar won't give me what I want I'll have to get creative and add some speakers! Just for something to do, I hook up the original 4x6 dash speakers and set them between the rear seat and the floor near where the passenger's feet go and it actually sounded decent. I'm thinking I'll add some speakers in that general area at some point and it'll help solve my problem. It was a noticeable improvement using the crap factory speakers and I'd recommend some more speakers in the rear to any Jeep Wrangler or CJ owners.

I have a 99' Wrangler I use for work and I just replaced the blown stock POS 5.25's with a set of old Polk Audio 5.25 coax speakers I had literally collecting dust in my garage. YES - This did help out and sounds much better than stock, however... This "sound Bar" setup in these is anything but a "GOOD Speaker Enclosure" Results will vary with different speakers, but nothing you put in there will ever sound spectacular or have the full range of sound you are looking for //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I can't claim I've worked some magic, but today I got a customer's Wrangler sounding pretty decent. He ordered the tiniest sealed 8" Kicker enclosure and I installed a Precision Power i450.1 amplifier to power it. The factory speaker locations have Clarion SRG series 4x6s and 6.5s powered by a Clarion XC1410 mini amplifier at 50W x 4. The head unit is Clarion CZ302. I tuned the 3-band parametric EQ and the bass boost on the amp, which is centered at 45 Hz. I'm sure part of what "works" is allowing the subwoofer to play up beyond the low end of the speakers. It's quite clear the Kicker subwoofer can play midbass very well, as music with bass guitar is very well defined.

That sounds like a nice setup for a jeep. I do love my two 10" sub's but I like the speaker and amp setup you described.

I can't claim I've worked some magic, but today I got a customer's Wrangler sounding pretty decent. He ordered the tiniest sealed 8" Kicker enclosure and I installed a Precision Power i450.1 amplifier to power it. The factory speaker locations have Clarion SRG series 4x6s and 6.5s powered by a Clarion XC1410 mini amplifier at 50W x 4. The head unit is Clarion CZ302. I tuned the 3-band parametric EQ and the bass boost on the amp, which is centered at 45 Hz. I'm sure part of what "works" is allowing the subwoofer to play up beyond the low end of the speakers. It's quite clear the Kicker subwoofer can play midbass very well, as music with bass guitar is very well defined.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.