Speakers in a Ford ranger

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheHammer12
10+ year member

Hey, I've got a Ford Ranger that has 6x8 factory speakers so I was planning on just making some baffles and putting a 5.25" component set in there. I also want to just put the tweeters in the baffle with the speaker bc there are no factory places to put them and I don't want to chop up the doors. Would my best option be to just get a 5.25" or could I possibly stuff a 6.5" in there? Also what would be some good 5.25" comps to put in there?

You could fit some 6.5s in there. My roommate has a ranger with 6.5 components. It wasn't hard to mount the tweeter, it's like the exact size of one of our hole-saw bits so we just drilled into the panel and cut a hole out that way. Fit flush, no problems. 6.5s went right in.

I know the Alpine SPX-17 Reference 6.5" comps come with a 6x8 adaptor in the box, but I dont know if other sets do.

get_image.aspx

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-SPX-17REF-6-5-TYPE-X-COMPONENT-CAR-SPEAKERS-6x8_W0QQitemZ350280339753QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Speakers?hash=item518e55d129

I like those alpines I might actually do those. I really don't want to put a hole in the door to mount a tweeter. btw my budget is like $200 on speakers so anything under that is good. Does anyone know anything about those alpines, like do they sound good?

I like those alpines I might actually do those. I really don't want to put a hole in the door to mount a tweeter. btw my budget is like $200 on speakers so anything under that is good. Does anyone know anything about those alpines, like do they sound good?
The cheaper alpine sets has a coaxial configuration.

So you will get a 6x8 set and a way to mount coaxially and no need to cut up the doors.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.