Speakers for truck.......

Participant count
  • Participant list
Loud and clear when properly powered and installed. But be careful... The clarity could induce random drooling. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
I should get a smaller two channel amp to power them correct? and leave the stocks powered by the stock stereo?I would like to keep the stock stereo if possible

1. I should get a smaller two channel amp to power them correct?

2. and leave the stocks powered by the stock stereo?

3. I would like to keep the stock stereo if possible
1. If you want the best SQ out of the Germaniums, I suggest you get a 4 channel amp and wire them for biamping. They can take some power, which is whj I suggested the amps I did. It's not uncommon to read posts of members here feeding them 200-300w rms per channel of clean power.

2. No, disconnect the rest of the speakers if you want to install a great front stage. It'll mess with the imaging and sound staging.

3. That's fine. I'll suggest you eventually get a nicer aftermarket HU with some decent EQ capabilities. Can and will make a world of difference in the way your music sounds.

If you want the best SQ out of the Germaniums, I suggest you get a 4 channel amp and wire them for biamping. They can take some power, which is whj I suggested the amps I did. It's not uncommon to read posts of members here feeding them 200-300w rms per channel of clean power.
Does rainbow make an amp that would go well with these?or do they just make speakers?

Does rainbow make an amp that would go well with these?or do they just make speakers?
BTW, I edited my post above...

Anyways, Yes, they do make some very nice amps, but IMO you'd be better off with a much more powerful amp like the PDX-4.150.

BTW, I edited my post above...

Anyways, Yes, they do make some very nice amps, but IMO you'd be better off with a much more powerful amp like the PDX-4.150.
I'll probably go with the rainbow amp since I like to keep it all one brand....it wont make that much of a difference will it?

Edit:also......are there any 2 DIN Hu's with RCA inputs in the front for like an mp3(I have a headphone to RCA cable) Thanks

I'll probably go with the rainbow amp since I like to keep it all one brand....it wont make that much of a difference will it?

Edit:also......are there any 2 DIN Hu's with RCA inputs in the front for like an mp3(I have a headphone to RCA cable) Thanks

Why keep it all 1 brand? Are you trying to impress a girl? J/K LOL

Just because the brand of an amp matches the brand of the speakers doesn't in no way mean it will perform the best it can.

And yes, Germaniums hooked to an Alpine PDX amp feeding them 4x165W RMS will probably sound quite different than if they were powered off of 75-80W RMS.

I've never seen a HU with front RCA inputs built in, but Pioneer makes an RCA input module that will work for a vast majority of their HU's via the IP-bus.

Why keep it all 1 brand? Are you trying to impress a girl? J/K LOL
Just because the brand of an amp matches the brand of the speakers doesn't in no way mean it will perform the best it can.

And yes, Germaniums hooked to an Alpine PDX amp feeding them 4x165W RMS will probably sound quite different than if they were powered off of 75-80W RMS.

I've never seen a HU with front RCA inputs built in, but Pioneer makes an RCA input module that will work for a vast majority of their HU's via the IP-bus.
I just like keeping it all one brand for some reason...I checked some pics of the Alpine and it looks very niiiiiiiiice:yumyum: I think I'll look into that one some more....thanks for all the help //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thankyou.gif.5451126d09e870f796f50c3a4dd5acd7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.