Speakers for truck.......

Participant count
  • Participant list
I've got an 04 d-cab taco, here's whats working good for me. Boston Acoustics SL60 comps in the stock locations in the front doors, Image Dynamics IDQ10 sub, RF P3001 300wx1 sub amp, RF 200a4 (I think..) bridged to 100x2 for the comps and an Eclipse cd5435 HU. No rear speakers, the location is so bad that IMO they only hurt the sound. I love the truck but it's a very challenging ride to get good sound into.. Let me know if you need any ideas for a sub install, I've got the IDQ behind the driver side back seat but it wasn't an easy box to build.

I've got an 04 d-cab taco, here's whats working good for me. Boston Acoustics SL60 comps in the stock locations in the front doors, Image Dynamics IDQ10 sub, RF P3001 300wx1 sub amp, RF 200a4 (I think..) bridged to 100x2 for the comps and an Eclipse cd5435 HU. No rear speakers, the location is so bad that IMO they only hurt the sound. I love the truck but it's a very challenging ride to get good sound into.. Let me know if you need any ideas for a sub install, I've got the IDQ behind the driver side back seat but it wasn't an easy box to build.
im only doing the speakers at the moment,but if i ever decide to put a sub in ill PM you or something. Thanks

if it will sound better that could be done......dont some sets come with those adapters?

Make some baffles out of MDF, get yourself some Rainbow Germaniums for the fronts, and a nice 4 channel amp (at least 125w rms per channel; Eclipse XA4000, Alpine PDX-4.150, or a JL 450/4 would work nicely) to biamp them with. Ditch the rears... you won't need them.

Make some baffles out of MDF, get yourself some Rainbow Germaniums for the fronts, and a nice 4 channel amp (at least 125w rms per channel; Eclipse XA4000, Alpine PDX-4.150, or a JL 450/4 would work nicely) to biamp them with. Ditch the rears... you won't need them.
How much do Germaniums go for?and can I get a link to their site? Thanks

or you could do this, that DejaWiz stated above!!!

but i know theres pre-fab speaker plates that will allow you to go from a 5x7/6x8 and put a 6.5 or 5.25 set in i believe, or you can always make one, but im not a expert fabricater so ya might wana ask someone else about constructing these, but i think your better off with using i think MDF and making some

6.5 comps amped IMO will sound better than a 5x7/6x8 speakers, the round 6.5s and 5.25s IMO sound better than the oval speakers

IVe never had the oppurtunity to hear some decent speakers in real life. How loud do they tend to get?(the germaniums)
Loud and clear when properly powered and installed. But be careful... The clarity could induce random drooling. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.