Speakers cut in and out

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cyoung81

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I have a 2003 Honda Accord coupe, I’ve got 6.5 cresendos in each door everything else is stock mids and high wise, I have 1 level 3 dc 15’, but I just bought a brand new Rockford 4 channel 500 watt mids and highs amp, I’ve got everything hooked up fine but when I turn my speakers up it’ll go to the rear 6x9’s and will cut in and out in the door, so I unplugged them and now when I turn them up just my tweeters play. Before I put the 6.5s back in they all played and sounded great, could anyone please give me some ideas as to what it could be please.

My head unit is a kenwood kdcbt500, and I mean that the only after market speakers I have are the cresendos and no I ran all new speaker wire from the amp to each door. And they’re 4 ohm

My head unit is a kenwood kdcbt500, and I mean that the only after market speakers I have are the cresendos and no I ran all new speaker wire from the amp to each door. And they’re 4 ohm

Okay so stock tweeters. Possible you have a short in the speaker wiring somewhere. I would pull the speakers out of the doors and hook them directly to the amp with short speaker wire. Turn it up and see if it still does it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.