Speakers are going quiet on very high volume

Participant count
  • Participant list

whiskeY_

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, so I just recently upgraded my audio system in my car. I got a pair of component speakers (90W RMS), I had moved my older coaxials to the rear doors (70W RMS) all 4 made by Ground Zero. I have also got a very nice head unit - Pioneer MVH-280FD which has output power of 4x100W (4x44RMS). The sound is incredible and everything works as it should, but I did notice that when I try to play the music really hard, all speakers will suddenly stop playing until I move the volume down a little. I had also noticed that its probably not the volume thats causing it, for example, when I set the volume to 47 the music will play and stop playing repeatedly. Is this frequency/power related? And am I actually overpowering or underpowering the speakers? Thanks for answers.

likely underpowering. that head unit realistically only puts out around 17 WPC. decks are the biggest liars for wattage output in the entire car audio game. not sure why theyre still being allowed to do this

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.