Speakers 6.5 or 6x9, coaxial or component for Kenwood KDCHD545U?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheSeeker
10+ year member

I just bought my Kenwood KDCHD545U and I need two speakers to go with and not need an amp because I don't have enough money at this point. somewhere around 100 dollars for a set would be good. I would really appreciate some speakers with good bass and punch because I cant afford an sub also. Quality over quantity would be good too because I will not blast as much but a good balance is what I am looking for. I am putting these in a 1977 VW Transporter in the two front doors. I know its not a lot of money, but you guys are clever and know where to get the good deals //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

6.5 or 6x9, coaxial or component, etc ... what is the difference, tell me what to buy!

i disagree with coax in most cases, especially in the front. even cheap component sets are usually better than cheap coax. you can aim the tweeters and locate them for the best sound.

what can you fit in your front doors? can you build sealed enclosures to mount to the surface of the door? a sealed enclosure for your front speakers will provide the best sound, hands down. pics of the vehicle and doors and kicks and dash?

inexpensive component sets are available at Crutchfield, and they include a warranty.

or places like woofersetc

RSD65cs - Phoenix Gold 6.5" Component Speaker System

SPS-600C - Alpine Type-S 6.5" Component Speaker System

DSH-216 - MB Quart 6.5" 2-Way Discus Component System

TS-A1702C - Pioneer 6-3/4" (Oversized 6-1/2") 230 Watt 2-way A-Series Component Speakers System

or a 6x9 comp set

http://www.woofersetc.com/p7576/SC6900--Eclipse-6"-x-9"-2-Way-Component-Speaker-System.htm

a sealed enclosure for your front speakers will provide the best sound, hands down.
i'm relatively new to all of this, so i haven't heard of sealing mid/full range speakers before. will improvement be that good? and can it be done fairly inexpensively?

i'm relatively new to all of this, so i haven't heard of sealing mid/full range speakers before. will improvement be that good? and can it be done fairly inexpensively?
yes sealed components can get crazy with the bass, tweets dont need to be sealed so u can mount them anywhere you like for clarity, sealing components in your door can bee done by sealing the door itself, laying dynamat on the inside of the doors shell facing into the cabin and spraying foam along the inside of the door where it seals down the middle of the 2 halfs (make sure to leave some drain holes), then dynamat the the outer side of the door sealing everything inside of it, then you deaden the plastic door panels

Or build small enclosures outa fiberglass and mold them into your doors.

Where would you locate the tweeters with that 6x9 set? SC6900 - Eclipse 6" x 9" 2 Way Component Speaker System I have no idea how you deal with tweeters, what do you have to know?

I am going to put the speakers in the doors and not the kick panels because in a 77 VW bus the engine is in the back so i dont want my feet getting crunched by magnets when I get in a head on crash. I like the idea to seal the speakers in the doors because that would be easier for me than doing a separate one. Any tips on the enclosure or wiring?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.