speaker suggestions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rubbertoe
10+ year member

im looking to get new speakers in my truck, its a 2002 silverado extended cab, so the front speakers are 6 1/2s and the back are 4" speakers. I really need new ones and have no idea what to get. any suggestions? i have a 12" type r if that matters at all.

Get two pairs of Crescendo speakers, and cut out the rear fir either 5 1/4 or 6.5". The crescendos are convertible speakers, so you can run the either component or coaxial. The 5 1/4's are $90 shipped brand new from their site, $100 shipped for the 6.5's. They utilize silk dome tweeters so they more than likely will not be harsh sounding, and they can handle a decent amount of power. Best $100 speakers imho. I personally would ante up for a ~$150 pair of DD comps instead, but both are good choices for the money.

Get two pairs of Crescendo speakers, and cut out the rear fir either 5 1/4 or 6.5". The crescendos are convertible speakers, so you can run the either component or coaxial. The 5 1/4's are $90 shipped brand new from their site, $100 shipped for the 6.5's. They utilize silk dome tweeters so they more than likely will not be harsh sounding, and they can handle a decent amount of power. Best $100 speakers imho. I personally would ante up for a ~$150 pair of DD comps instead, but both are good choices for the money.
thanks man, appriciate it. im not running an amp to these speakers, would these still be good?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.