Speaker Recommendation on a SX700.4 AMP

lippstuh
10+ year member

AMP: SX700.4 - RMS 175W x 4 @ 2Ohm Stereo

Front: 6.5" and 1" tweeters

Rear: 6x9 coaxials

Sub amp: sx1250.1

subs: 3 bravox exs wired at 1.34 ohm (500 watt rms each)

OKAY, i just finished replacing the subwoofer and amp. now i just got the 700.4 amp, need some speakers more powerful than my current set up to match the amp. as far as how much i want to spend, $300-$500 on speakers alone. not too familiar with spl and sq... but from my very little knowledge i'm leaning towards spl. sorry for the noob like thread. any suggestion is welcomed

I really like my Rainbow Germaniums, they fit your price range. But they might not be for you, if you're looking for shake-your-teeth loud. Sure they get loud, but other speakers get louder. They sound very good though on 175w per side.

not loud really.. more like crisp sounding.. ionno... but i'm on a budget since i already dropped ~$2k on my set up... i just need speakers to complete it.. so no more than $500 for all 4.. a little above is no biggie either... less would be good too =P

How about getting some biampable comps for the fronts and use all 4 channels of that amp like so?

Polk SR6500 (check out sonicelectronix sales on eBay)

Rainbow Germanium (can get them from one of a variety of dealers right here on the forum)

Either will run you about $500 and will sound amazing.

Disconnect the rears or run them off HU power if you really want rear fill.

How about getting some biampable comps for the fronts and use all 4 channels of that amp like so?

Rainbow Germanium (can get them from one of a variety of dealers right here on the forum)

x2!!

And the Wiz is right about the rears, ill second that as well!

wow never thought of doing anything like that. i'll look into that too. thanks

ok funds are short now.. rears don't do much i was thinking if just plugging those into the HU and then running a set of components for the fronts wired to only 1 channel each (less power). so basically 2 channels are useless until i buy rears.

i'm thinking less than 200 for a nice set?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.