Speaker questions

comp2007
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Currently have JBL GTO 607c's running to my Alpine 4 channel amp and am not impressed with these speakers in terms of the midbass they produce. I heard a friends setup today with JL XR650-CSi 6.5" speakers and they pounded. Would this be a considerable upgrade and would it be worth the cash to do the swap? Thanks a lot.

Are your doors deadened & sealed?Have you tried reversing the polarity of one of the mids?
Doors are pretty well sealed up, and no I have not tried that yet but I have messed with the crossover and amp settings and havent been able to get even close to how those JL's sounded.

Would this be a nice upgrade?

Hmm ok, well if someone can chime in weather or not this would be worth it that would be great. Not going to go through the hassle if it will sound very similar to my JBL 607C's.

You've heard both speakers in-vehicle, man. Shouldn't that give you some kind of idea of whether it's an upgrade or not???
Ya but his setup was very different than mine, they did pound in the doors but he has 8's in the rear deck and some other different things that I thought could throw it off.

the only way to know is to ask your friend to swap speakers just to test how they would sound in YOUR car!!! for all you know his amp might be better, or he might did a better job on deadning the doors (no ofense). just ask him and see how it sounds and make up your mind from there.. good luck

Ok cool, its a PITA to take off the door panels on my car so I doubt he will go for that lol. We have the same car, just making sure that these JL's are quality speakers and I will be able to reproduce the midbass he had.

i havent heard the jbls but i own a set of the jl comp and have my doors lightly deadend and for those comps and the 89$ i paid for them bnib i was very very pleased they definatly have some midbass havent heard much other comp sets in a car so cant compare to anything but decent speakers for the money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.