speaker problems and capacitor or something else wrong

Participant count
  • Participant list

namster44
10+ year member

Great White North
Canada
I'm havnig a few problems with my system, I have been listening to my 6x9 infinity kappas and one started to get all crazy, volume level varied(real quiet to normal) without anyone touching the HU. I've had the same set up for a while and it never did this. I hooked the speaker up to a differnent amp and it played just fine, I don't think it's the speaker but could this be a HU problem, because I'm running the speakers off my Sony HU and could this be a blown channel?

Next, I have 2 infinity 12.1's and a JBL600.1 to power them, I know not enough power for the subs but I couldn't afford anything else right now, but they don't play as well as I think they should. It keeps missing bass notes and doesn't play the notes in between mid's and low's. I know it should be able to play them so I think it may need a cap. I was wondering if anyone else thinks so. Or else, where should I set the input level, bass boost and freq to so I can have a clean sounding system.

Thanks for anyones help.

namster44

Originally posted by namster44 I'm havnig a few problems with my system, I have been listening to my 6x9 infinity kappas and one started to get all crazy, volume level varied(real quiet to normal) without anyone touching the HU. I've had the same set up for a while and it never did this. I hooked the speaker up to a differnent amp and it played just fine, I don't think it's the speaker but could this be a HU problem, because I'm running the speakers off my Sony HU and could this be a blown channel?
remove the speaker wires from the HU and test resistance to ground and across each speaker
Next, I have 2 infinity 12.1's and a JBL600.1 to power them, I know not enough power for the subs but I couldn't afford anything else right now, but they don't play as well as I think they should. It keeps missing bass notes and doesn't play the notes in between mid's and low's
are you saying that it doesn't have midbass. that could be due to your x-over and or box. as far as missing bass notes that could be the same thing--box and x-over
. I know it should be able to play them so I think it may need a cap. I was wondering if anyone else thinks so.
a cap doesn't hurt but i don't think that is what is wrong i just think you got it tuned wrong
Or else, where should I set the input level, bass boost and freq to so I can have a clean sounding system.
input to the amp should be set to 1/3 of the final processor RMS output voltage-------as for bass boost and freq-----that's up to you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.