Speaker Choice for Harley Road Glide

OKBigDawg

I've got a Harley Road Glide with factory head unit running through a Hawg-Wired 4x75 class T amp. In the factory fairing location I can run either a 5.25 coax or separates. I also have custom speaker pods which fit in the lower fairing, approximately knee level, pointing towards the driver. There is only space for a single, coaxial, or bridged 6.5" two way speaker. Of course on the bike, with the wind and engine noise, my goals are different than with the car. I am looking to maximize decibel output while being able to withstand the weather and vibration of the bike. Looking to install a couple sets of two way speakers or go with a 6.5 three way. Thanks for your suggestions

I just did a full install on a Harley over the weekend. I went ahead and kept the 5.25"s in the front faring and on the sides of the rear seat that came on the bike. For a little more sound I went with 2 sets(4) Pioneer Premier 6x9's installed in the rear hard saddle bags, using them as the enclosure. Then powered them with a Alpine 4ch...sounded really good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.