Speaker Amp Install Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Grimmjoww

CarAudio.com Veteran
Hey guys. Just bought some prime Fosgate mids, 5.25" and 4". The 5.25's can handle 40w rms each and the 4's can handle 20w rms each. I think my Kenwood deck (22w rms per channel) can handle the small 4's. Should I throw a small amp on the 5.25's or just power them with the deck as well? Thanks for any help. I do have an MTX amp that produces 40rms x 2 at 4ohms.

They always sound better running off an amp however I have never really installed speakers with such a low rms. So I guess the question is do you want to go through all that trouble for 18 watts.

Right on, thanks guys. I figured as much lol. I am in a little 1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ with a hard top. I figured some good ole 2 ways would sound good enough, throwing a ported 10 in the back for just a little kick. Thanks again for the advice.

That's how it all starts, the gateway sub. Before you know it, you will be taking big hits of bass!
LOL right on bro! I used to slam back in the late 90s and early 2k. I had 4 RF3110's and a couple Fosgate 1000 amps. Had MB Quartz mid and highs on a punch 400. I still have one of those subs (it needs rebuilt lol) Those were good times. But your right, I have enough amp to run 2 of the sub I have, so its prob going to get worse before it gets better lol.

Niiice. I still have 2 rfr3110 and a Power 1000bd. Some day they will make a reunion tour. Some day.
Right on! Back when I was in the game Fosgate and JL Audio were what you seen at all the comps, Orion as well. Now it looks like Sundown and DC from the videos I have watched.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...