Soundstream XXX/X3 comparison: who used or saw both?

DropDownLowYota
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys thinking about picking up an X3 18. Wasn't sure how they compared to the XXX's. My friend has them and they are absolute beasts by far. Was wondering how the X3 compares to the XXX. I have had experience with the TC 5200 18's, DD 9918's, DC Level 6m3 18's, and also the Warden 21's. Looking for anyone who has used the X3 before. This will be used strictly for music. Thanks guys!

Soundstream is junk. I'm sort of disappointed that you used that name in the same sentence with LV6 DD-99 5200 and Warden.

Good luck. They're certainly cheap enough that at least you're not risking much.

Soundstream is junk. I'm sort of disappointed that you used that name in the same sentence with LV6 DD-99 5200 and Warden.
Good luck. They're certainly cheap enough that at least you're not risking much.
ive heard their motors were excellent

XXX18.jpg

EXO certainly doesn't think they're junk. He has 6 psi reconed XXX motors and they wang. Also, Pete Kulicki had the nastiest 2 15 wall I've ever seen on XXXs.

And that's on 5k worth of Hifonics power. 1 xxx 18 on 5k Korean would be ridiculous.

EXO certainly doesn't think they're junk. He has 6 psi reconed XXX motors and they wang. Also, Pete Kulicki had the nastiest 2 15 wall I've ever seen on XXXs.

SO it makes no sense instead of buying a 400$ "Soundstream" and then dropping 250$ into softparts, you would just buy a good driver from the start? That's even assuming that the motors they use on those aren't inferior materials or workmanship which I would suspect.

Good luck to you, though. The car audio industry is what it is today because there's always someone thinking that you'll get something for nothing and "you get what you pay for" applies to other people.

SO it makes no sense instead of buying a 400$ "Soundstream" and then dropping 250$ into softparts, you would just buy a good driver from the start? That's even assuming that the motors they use on those aren't inferior materials or workmanship which I would suspect.
Good luck to you, though. The car audio industry is what it is today because there's always someone thinking that you'll get something for nothing and "you get what you pay for" applies to other people.

Wtf are you talking about?

The x3's were pretty big flops iirc, but the xxx's were top notch. Roo used them as Xxx's and then went with t3 tsns softies on the xxx's. I had one of his tsns 18s in my crx at one point. Took both my orion 2500d's easily.

The x3's were pretty big flops iirc, but the xxx's were top notch. Roo used them as Xxx's and then went with t3 tsns softies on the xxx's. I had one of his tsns 18s in my crx at one point. Took both my orion 2500d's easily.

Have you used them before? Every video I've seen of them they seem pretty on it as being great subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.