Do I have a good enough power for my system?

Hey guys, just curious and want some input.

I am currently running 2 15" HDC3.1 SoundQubed subs off 2 SoundQubed 1200.1 bridged.

I am powering it all with a memphis audio 1/0 AWG wiring kit off a Yellow Top Optima under the hood and a Kinetic 2000 watt battery in the cab.

The positive from the stock alternator in my 2000 Toyota Corolla has all been upgraded to 1/0 and the grounds are all 1/0.

Please let me know or give some advice!

Thanks guys!

What is your voltage drop? It is a true representation of if your car is handling the electrical demand. Measure your voltage at the amp and see what you dip to.

With ur stock 90amp ur dipping into the 12s. Invest in a volt meter before u smoke what u got.
You are scaring me. The guy who got my DSP working at all was having problems with my audio system shutting down at higher volumes and I've since learned it's amp low voltage protection cut out. But I have had noine driving the vehicle, only one with I parked and was leaving the audio system on while I played around. A Big 3 upgrade may be in my immediate future! I was hoping to get away without that. Just got as new battery about a year ago.

John Kuithe...

OP get a multimeter; you can check everything you're wondering about first hand. 15-20 bucks can save 100's of dollars in equipment. One is also useful to just have around for general troubleshooting, not just car audio related.

You are scaring me. The guy who got my DSP working at all was having problems with my audio system shutting down at higher volumes and I've since learned it's amp low voltage protection cut out. But I have had noine driving the vehicle, only one with I parked and was leaving the audio system on while I played around. A Big 3 upgrade may be in my immediate future! I was hoping to get away without that. Just got as new battery about a year ago.
John Kuithe...
Big 3 want solve much its great to have but if ur pulling more amps then u can supply u may need to think about backing down till u can afford a alt.

Big 3 want solve much its great to have but if ur pulling more amps then u can supply u may need to think about backing down till u can afford a alt.
Yep, I just can't stand insufficient electronics at all. I've never had a car audio system that I could not leave on if I chose to without my vehicle running. My stock alt may be OK but my relatively new battery is not cutting it. I just wanna make it all "10 times" as powerful as it will ever have to be, just to be safe.

John Kuthe...

Hey guys, just curious and want some input.
I am currently running 2 15" HDC3.1 SoundQubed subs off 2 SoundQubed 1200.1 bridged.

I am powering it all with a memphis audio 1/0 AWG wiring kit off a Yellow Top Optima under the hood and a Kinetic 2000 watt battery in the cab.

The positive from the stock alternator in my 2000 Toyota Corolla has all been upgraded to 1/0 and the grounds are all 1/0.

Please let me know or give some advice!

Thanks guys!
Looks good to me. I bet your stock car wiring could have handled that load without the A/C kicking and interior nightlights dimmed. But yeah, rewire it all to 1/0 and let me know if you get another 50k out of your Corolla.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.