Soundstream STL1.1200D <- Any good? I need a small amp for 12" Type-R

TheGDog
10+ year member

OC, CA
Can anybody tell me if this brand and in particular these Stealth amps from them are reliable and any good?

I'm currently using a HITRON HA-1000.1 to power my one 12" Type-R DVC4 wired 2 Ohm.

My output is pretty insane, but I'm curious if with a better amp I'll be able to audibly notice an improvement in the Clarity/SQ (plus reduce power draw).

I wanna (try to) stay under $200 bucks.

I have to have a Remote Bass Gain.

Mounting Area = 11" x 12" to work with realistically.

And thinner height is desired. 2.5" or less.

It'll be mounted here.

0917101010.jpg

Many of the remote bass knobs are no good as they adjust the bass boost instead of the actual gain. This varies from brand to brand, just FYI

I've NEVER seen one that actually modifies the amplifier gain. Having them adjust the boost is what I want.

If you can post a link of some amp where the remote bass knob actually modifies the gain... I'd be shocked.

rockford prime line modifies gain its cheaper for them to make it that way and

sundown 1000

rockford p1000

t1000

soundstream

memphis

the polk even does rated

arc audio

kicker does rated just not at 1ohm

digital designs

zed audio

cresendo

audioque

audiopipe

jl overpriced but does rated

alpine

and many more id try the classifieds first alot of oldschool is availible

RE: classifieds... Meh... I have to put it on my CreditCard. Plus I'd kinda have no re-course if it went bad quickly or something.

Don't laugh at me... but since I'm trying not to break the bank...

What about the Power Acoustik BAMF 2000D?

This should be a respectable upgrade to my current level of performance right?

I like the small form facter, and that connectors on one side and they're Allen-Screw blocks.

Power Acoustik BAMF-2000/1D (bamf20001d) - Monoblock Car Amplifier, Power Amp - Sonic Electronix

There are much better choices then the PA. I suppose it would be an upgrade, but if you make a purchase, why not make a legit upgrade?

Ok, Gotcha, ExNay on that one. Hrmm... dang it..... the form factor I'm looking for is limiting a lot of choices. I may just have to consider being Ok with buying a larger amp and just re-making my mounting board then and making it slightly wider then. Was kinda hoping to not have to since it has to have compartment to hold my Kinetik HC600 2nd battery. Not a deal-breaker... but something I'd rather not have to fuss with right now.

rockford prime line modifies gain its cheaper for them to make it that way and
sundown 1000

rockford p1000

t1000

soundstream

memphis

the polk even does rated

arc audio

kicker does rated just not at 1ohm

digital designs

zed audio

cresendo

audioque

audiopipe

jl overpriced but does rated

alpine

and many more id try the classifieds first alot of oldschool is availible
Does the top-to-bottom ordering of this list reflect your preference among the brands listed within this list?

does the top-to-bottom ordering of this list reflect your preference among the brands listed within this list?
no not at all just how they came to mind

i preferably like rockford power amps for my subs for their constant power feature but you pay for that feature

if i were to recommend an amp id say sundown my next setup will be mostly sundown

Fuggit... I just ordered the Eclipse XA1200.

I got to thinking about it... and it's already crazy loud in the cabin of my Ford Explorer SportTrac with just that one Type-R.

I'm just trying to get louder and cleaner sound out of this one sub. And from my experience with my EA4200 that's in my MoTo trunk... I'm sure this one will satisfy me and provide an improvement.

I just gotta get over that addictive feeling... ya know what I mean?

I got to thinking about it... and the performance of the Eclipse 4-ch amp I have on my MoTo is pretty bada$$ and louder than most cars. So I decided "What am I waiting for?" and pulled the trigger on the XA1200 since Sonic has a good price on 'em now anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.